The Big Day :-)

moonwolf_gwNovember 7, 2012

Hi everyone,

The ribs were put into the oven just a few minutes ago and now we wait for three hours. Mom and I tasted the sauce before pouring it over the ribs and onions and we added 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar to it for a little added sweetness. Pictures to arrive later!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I can imagine how good it smells!

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 2:40PM
caflowerluver

I love ribs! Wish I was there! What is your recipe for the sauce?
Clare

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 2:54PM
moonwolf_gw

Lindac, it smells wonderful! There's about another hour and a half to go yet.

Clare, here is the recipe.

Oven Barbecued Spareribs

4 lbs. country style spareribs
2 med. onions, sliced
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 c. ketchup
1/2 c. chili sauce
3/4 c. water
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

Place ribs in baking dish. Add onion and salt. Cover with sauce made by combining remaining ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours. Be sure pan has a cover or use aluminum foil to keep ribs from drying out. Recipe may be halved.

I didn't line the Dutch oven with foil. The sauce is pretty thin. Like I said, if it's too spicy or sour for your taste, we added 2 Tbsp. brown sugar and that helped out.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 3:45PM
moonwolf_gw

Here are the ribs. We just got done eating supper :). This recipe is a keeper in my recipe box. I like my ribs on the saucy side so I had to dip out some extra. Otherwise, yum!
Oh, and I have no fear that the browning on the sides of my Dutch oven will come of when it gets washed. :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 5:42PM
caflowerluver

Thanks for the recipe. Looks good - yum! And just let the pan soak and it should look good as new. You got me wanting ribs so I bought some for tonight. Not the long cooked ones you did, but the quick just heat them up ones. I am sure yours are much better.
Clare

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 7:53PM
Cynic

The onions almost look like bacon in the picture! Glad you enjoyed them. CS ribs are a favorite of mine. So easy to cook. You can cook them so many ways. Forgot to tell you in the other thread I often brown them a bit before cooking mine but either way, they come out great.

BTW, you wouldn't need to line the Dutch oven with foil. I misunderstood your other thread thinking you might be pan baking them which is why I mentioned lining the pan with foil. Although sometimes I do make pouches if I'd doing different types. For this recipe, that's how to do it.

You're breaking that dutch oven in right. :) What's the next plan for it?

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 8:36PM
moonwolf_gw

Clare, you're welcome! Mom washed it and it looks good as new :-). I hope your ribs turned out well. These ones were really moist and flavorful.

Cynic, lol The onions do look like bacon now that I look at the photo upon closer inspection. There was bacon in the baked beans lol (Bush's). I have no idea on what to cook in the Dutch oven next, but there are lots of ideas that I want to try. I was looking at beef stew recipes earlier today. I found one that's just four ingredients: stew meat, onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and water. I may add a few other things like canned tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, onion, and carrots.

There are leftovers if anyone is interested or wanting a midnight snack lol. It's a wonder that people like my cooking and I'm still single....

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 10:47PM
More Discussions
What happened to my soup?
Made a homemade chicken soup....carrots, onion, celery,...
lookintomyeyes83
The Monkey Princess makes pasta and pies
The Princess has Italian grandparents on Dave's side,...
annie1992
Cool feature I've just noticed (OT)
Has anyone else noticed that you can click on a picture...
sally2_gw
Glow in the dark Mushrooms No longer a secret to scientists
If you see something glowing in the forest, don’t...
hellenabcd
How to fix rock hard espresso powder? :p
I am VERY careful about trying to keep powders dry...
party_music50
Sponsored Products
Organza / Wire 3-light Distressed Iron Black Chandelier
Overstock.com
Emma Pointelle Throw 50" x 70" - IVORY
$184.90 | Horchow
Calphalon Simply Nonstick Bakeware 5-Piece Bake Set - 1802193
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Cream Textured Silk 16" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Office Arm Chair in Red
$184.99 | Dot & Bo