The Big Day :-)

moonwolf_gwNovember 7, 2012

Hi everyone,

The ribs were put into the oven just a few minutes ago and now we wait for three hours. Mom and I tasted the sauce before pouring it over the ribs and onions and we added 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar to it for a little added sweetness. Pictures to arrive later!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I can imagine how good it smells!

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 2:40PM
caflowerluver

I love ribs! Wish I was there! What is your recipe for the sauce?
Clare

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 2:54PM
moonwolf_gw

Lindac, it smells wonderful! There's about another hour and a half to go yet.

Clare, here is the recipe.

Oven Barbecued Spareribs

4 lbs. country style spareribs
2 med. onions, sliced
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 c. ketchup
1/2 c. chili sauce
3/4 c. water
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

Place ribs in baking dish. Add onion and salt. Cover with sauce made by combining remaining ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours. Be sure pan has a cover or use aluminum foil to keep ribs from drying out. Recipe may be halved.

I didn't line the Dutch oven with foil. The sauce is pretty thin. Like I said, if it's too spicy or sour for your taste, we added 2 Tbsp. brown sugar and that helped out.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 3:45PM
moonwolf_gw

Here are the ribs. We just got done eating supper :). This recipe is a keeper in my recipe box. I like my ribs on the saucy side so I had to dip out some extra. Otherwise, yum!
Oh, and I have no fear that the browning on the sides of my Dutch oven will come of when it gets washed. :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 5:42PM
caflowerluver

Thanks for the recipe. Looks good - yum! And just let the pan soak and it should look good as new. You got me wanting ribs so I bought some for tonight. Not the long cooked ones you did, but the quick just heat them up ones. I am sure yours are much better.
Clare

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 7:53PM
Cynic

The onions almost look like bacon in the picture! Glad you enjoyed them. CS ribs are a favorite of mine. So easy to cook. You can cook them so many ways. Forgot to tell you in the other thread I often brown them a bit before cooking mine but either way, they come out great.

BTW, you wouldn't need to line the Dutch oven with foil. I misunderstood your other thread thinking you might be pan baking them which is why I mentioned lining the pan with foil. Although sometimes I do make pouches if I'd doing different types. For this recipe, that's how to do it.

You're breaking that dutch oven in right. :) What's the next plan for it?

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 8:36PM
moonwolf_gw

Clare, you're welcome! Mom washed it and it looks good as new :-). I hope your ribs turned out well. These ones were really moist and flavorful.

Cynic, lol The onions do look like bacon now that I look at the photo upon closer inspection. There was bacon in the baked beans lol (Bush's). I have no idea on what to cook in the Dutch oven next, but there are lots of ideas that I want to try. I was looking at beef stew recipes earlier today. I found one that's just four ingredients: stew meat, onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and water. I may add a few other things like canned tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, onion, and carrots.

There are leftovers if anyone is interested or wanting a midnight snack lol. It's a wonder that people like my cooking and I'm still single....

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 10:47PM
More Discussions
Not your average refrig contents....
Tartine bakery is one of the local San Francisco icons:...
jakkom
Easter Sunday Dessert
My favorite dessert is a good home-made pound cake....
Robert Givens
Another kitchen science accidental experiment
The other day I made a soup with potatoes, tomatoes,...
sally2_gw
Favorite pies?
My son attends NERD school; Kidding! They are a bunch...
rob333
Curry (I think) flavored coffee cake
My boss's friend shared a coffee cake, or fruit cake...
sally2_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™