Decorating advice - what colour should I paint my kitchen.

kiera88December 26, 2012

Hi all,

This is my first post on Gardenweb and I'm really excited to get some helpful advice about what colour to paint my kitchen.
I've found a picture that very closely resembles what my kitchen looks like in it's "before state". Black slate floor and light ash cupboards. The countertops are different - Beigey granite with flecks of charcoal grey and deep tan. This kitchen is pretty similar. Now, I've lived in the house for 3 years and I'm bored to death of the white walls. It just feels far to unloved and builder basic. Splashes of colour from my red accessories - deep red kettle and toaster - give the kitchen some personality but I'm looking for more. I'm thinking a tan or light grey on the walls (to pick out colour from the granite) and a deep red feature wall.... but I need some advice. The room is north facing and as I live in rainy Scotland, is dark most of the time. Suggestions of colour combos would be brilliant, and pictures would be even better!

Thanks in advance,

Kiera

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

You might want to go to houzz.com and search for kitchens with similar cabinetry.

You might also want to post on the home decor forum....lots of helpful people there who love to suggest color schemes....

I would suggest that what you have now is very neutral and that you look for an inspiration piece....a piece of art, a plate, a fabric, whatever....that you like and around which you can build a scheme.

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 1:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ayesha_irshad

you may find many color combinations and designs for kitchen at google images easily...

Bookmark   December 28, 2012 at 7:01AM
More Discussions
Help with paint color!
My sunroom is BM Chili Pepper, the dining room is BM...
mererx
Paint to contrast molding
Hello, We just moved into a five year old townhouse...
JoAnn Babish
Dunn Edwards Bone vs Bone White
Is there a significant difference between Dunn Edwards...
happs
Exterior paint color help
Can you please suggest some paint colors for this house...
r2d2indy
paint matching from sw to valspar
has anyone had a can of paint matched in another paint...
adoiron
Sponsored Products
Corum Kilim Throw Pillow
Grandin Road
Home Decorators Area Rug: Faux Sheepskin Chocolate 10' x 13'
Home Depot
Geometry in Motion Pillow Cover
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Rattan family basket set (set of three)
Origin Crafts
Hyper Blue 30" High Oval Twist Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus