Marscapone vs White Dove-help please!

ratherbesewingDecember 8, 2012

In the process of painting all the trim on the first floor. I only want to do this once. I recently used BM Marscapone for a bedroom trim, but am concerned it might be too creamy. Should I go with BM White Dove? Your thoughts please.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
la_koala

Hmmm, that's an interesting question: do you *not* want it to be too creamy? What color are the walls? What's the light like? I find that the color can change depending on the direction of the windows (north vs south, etc).

I wanted to touch up some of the trim in my home where I had had an issue with blue tape taking off the top layer of paint. I took a piece of trim (taken off for another project) down to the BM store, and they matched it to White Dove, but +50%. The cans are in the basement and I don't want to trek down there tonight, but I can look it up for you tomorrow if you want. I think that the resulting formula has more gray in it. And I think that the trim in my home does have a grayish cast to it. Now, I don't mind--but I'm in a different position than you: I'm not going to be painting all of my trim again. I'm usually trying to decide on what color paint to put on the walls. :-)

I did try a sample of Marscapone to put on my dining room walls, and found that it did have a more yellow/cream undertone which did not work in that particular room.

--Lee

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 9:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dretutz

I used BM Vapor (not vapor trail) on all trim and am happy. It is not too white, but has NO yellow or cream

Bookmark   December 28, 2012 at 11:32PM
More Discussions
Living room and game room paint colors!! Help please!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
Valspar Paints formula change-not good
I'm a prior user/recommender of Valspar paints (e.g....
tbriggs
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™