Aura Paint Diaster - cabinets - please help!

sweetbabyjames5November 10, 2011

I chose to have my new cabinets sprayed with Aura. My painters hasn't use it before, but were comfortable trying it. The cabinet boxes and draw fronts look great, but the cabinet doors look awful. There are splotches and unevenness everywhere. I don't know what to do! My painters will be back tomorrow to spray the second coat on, and now I am

wondering if I should have gone with Waterborne Satin Impervo (did not want to use an oil due to whitness of paint - BM Chantilly

Lace.)I know their sprayer is airless, but I don't know what tip they are using. My finish is satin, which I read uses a different tip. Could this be the issue. I have looked at every cabinet door and not one looks perfect. Should I switch paint tomorrow? What do I do? Please help!!! I am ready to cry.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting

If the painter is any good, he(she) will fix the problem.
It may just need a second coat. BTW ,SI probably would have been a better choice, just for durability sake, but Aura is a fine paint.Did BM sell you on the Aura?

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 5:56AM
sweetbabyjames5

Yes, guys at BM store said they prefer Aura to SI. I read through old posts on GW and saw fans of both. Painters hadn't used either but are pros and have painted cabs for numerous friends of mine - although oil always. Everything was sprayed inside my house except the cabinet doors. Those were sprayed outside. Could that be the issue?

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 6:32AM
PRO
Brushworks Spectacular Finishes

No need to panic. It's just paint, which can be fixed.

A light sanding between coats and an even topcoat will make them beautiful again.

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 9:16AM
yayagal

I used the Aura on my kitchen cabinets and it worked fantastically, that was 3 years ago and it looks like the day I painted it, I used brushes and roller. I wouldn't worry at all, very often the first coat of spray paint doesn't cover all the way. Wait until they do the second coat and all will be fine.

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 9:35AM
More Discussions
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
What color wall paint to go with Blooming Prairie Quilt?
Here is photo of daybed with the set I just purchased....
hyperchickmom
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
Any opinions on behr premium plus ultra paint?
I am considering using behr premium plus ultra paint...
texasjg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™