Kitchen colour to go with ...

Mica_RNovember 29, 2012

Hi all!

Been reading lots of the great posts here, and felt I may as well wade in and ask for advice!

After reading so many people's raves about BM Revere Pewter and Edgecomb Gray we painted our open concept living room/dining room/hallway with Revere Pewter (three walls -- living/dining), and Edgecomb (one wall through the living/dining space and the entire, dimly-lit hallway). Trim is BM Cloud White throughout. Foyer is Fairview Taupe. Ceilings are regular ol' ceiling white.

We are super happy with how well these colours work together, especially since you can see all of these spaces when you're standing in the front hall.

Problem now is the kitchen. We're leaning toward a yellow -- we are lucky enough to have an east-facing kitchen that gets lots of gorgeous sun in the morning. Currently the kitchen is a very pigmented orange-y that I loved, but have grown tired of since it's so strong. Cabinets and appliances will all stay white.

Since we've been so happy with the BM Historical Colors, I like the look of Hawthorne Yellow, but worry it might come out either too strong a yellow or, as some other posters have found, too beige-y.

Other recommendations? Are we on the right track?

THANKS in advance!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vincentediva

My kitchen/DR is currently BM Standish White HC-32, which ends up to be a nice (darker) straw color and have loved it for years...it's not much to look at on the swatch but in a room it's definitely a wonderful yellow. BM Niveous OC-36 is a great low key lighter yellow tone as well (Candice Olsen pick). Right now I'm going insane with finding the right greige for Kitchen/DR (new coutnertops clash with Standish White), but that's a different thread. :) Good luck!!

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
Mixing Paints & Colors
I know I shouldnt do it but I always do - mix paint...
kashka_kat
Advice on what to expect with exterior house painting job
I plan on getting estimates from 3 painters to paint...
spunkybelle
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™