Faucet for 30" Whitehaven

Tricia21February 20, 2013

Hi all,
I'm about to order the kohler whitehaven farmhouse sink and I want to start figuring out the faucet. We want a pulldown, single lever, arched faucet. I've never had a farm sink bf, and I was wondering if we needed to make sure it reached out enough meaning the arch came out a little more to make sure it covered the front of the sink. If anyone has a faucet they love with this sink or a similar sink, I'd love to see if/hear about it.

Thanks!
Tricia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tricia257

Tricia-

I just bought the grohe bridgeford to go with my 30" farmhouse sink. I did a lot of research and I also wanted single handle pull down, but with 2.2gpm. A guy at a plumbing place liked the grohe because they are well built and he can always get parts for them so they work forever.I have friends with this faucet and the sprayer is great. If you get the eco "watercare" version the flow restrictor can be removed.)

The faucet just arrived (from ebay--that took guts) and it looks good.

The grohe is pricey, IMHO, but I liked some of the Moens as well. I think I liked the Lindley.

Tricia

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 9:52PM
motherof3sons

We have the Delta Intrinsic for with the Kohler 30" Whitehaven.

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 10:02PM
Tricia21

Mother of three sons-
Does the reach work for you or do you feel like you need more? I really like the look of this one...
Tricia

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 10:56PM
AboutToGetDusty

We have the Rohl country single lever. Perty thing. It was a bit finicky though - our GC had to figure out how to make it stop singing (made a strange moaning sound for the first few months). It's all better now, phew. But I am glad I got it because it's the extra-long reach one. The Whitehaven is deep back to front, and I'm tall. I can't imagine having a regular reach faucet. Not familiar with the other faucets. If I were you, I would research each faucet you're considering in terms of how far it extends out. I think mine is 11" (the regular is 9" I believe). Good luck!

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 11:35AM
motherof3sons

The reach is perfect. We put the same faucet on our 19" prep sink. Our former home had a Grohe Ladylux and it was a workhorse. One of the best features of the Intrinsic is the magnetic return.

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 9:29PM
More Discussions
Quartz or Dekton/Neolith?
I know all about the wonders of quartz countertops...
nadianyc
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Layout review needed- please give feedback!
I think I'm getting closer to finalizing a plan for...
melis918
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™