extra shelve in cabinet

marioncohen1February 19, 2013

I am about to go in and order my cabinets. Right now besides the bottom shelve, I have 3 other shelves.
I find the top shelve although not high good for christmas cups and small plates or mugs not often used. My cabinet guy said its not often asked for me he can get me a few. Do you guys think its a good idea?

sammad2@aol.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

Oh yeah. Extra shelves are wonderful.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 9:34PM
taggie

Yes!

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 10:05PM
zelmar

Yes! 6 years after our remodel we tweaked every shelf cabinet, lower and upper, to maximize storage. I was able to order shelves for the extra space created and I love the way we were able to maximize the use of our space. Whenever I open a cabinet door and see the space being used efficiently I feel the same sense of accomplishment and satisfacation that I felt when our kitchen remodel was first completed.

I love having flexibility in the kitchen. Adding and subtracting shelves is a great way to have the kitchen grow with changing needs. Even though our kitchen was finished in 2005, it still feels brand new to me. Whenever I consider buying something new for the kitchen I know I can fit it into the kitchen somewhere. I can adjust shelves or pull outs to make the space work well (I am so glad I don't have all drawers!)

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 10:07AM
More Discussions
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Crack in Quartz countertop
I purchased my Quartz countertop 7 months ago and I...
avsheth2002
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™