Does your page look different?

happy2b…gwFebruary 11, 2013

When I connected to Kitchen Forum tonight, the page has a different appearance. The font is new and so is background. I was wondering if this change is site wide or if I did something to internet settings that caused the change. What has been your experience tonight?
Warm regards

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kellysar

I just signed on and also had a new font and background. (Now I see there was an earlier posting about it, though).

This post was edited by Kellysar on Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 21:18

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 9:10PM
flwrs_n_co

New font and layout, unfortunately, and ads that block what posters are saying as well as their pics. This new GW is awful!!! To the GW admins: Please undo these changes! The ads are even more obnoxious than they used to be. I'm afraid more than a few people will abandon ship because of these changes.

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 9:15PM
islanddevil

Yes more pop ups and ads than ever and I also find the ads are covering the text and pictures in the posts.
Hope it's just a glitch and hope they fix it so I get emails when I request notice of a reply.

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 11:26PM
quiltgirl

I tried to post a topic and when I clicked "preview message" , it went to the home page of Gardenweb (the Garden site) instead of the preview page. I cannot figure out how to fix it. I am on a Mac and running Leopard. Is my operating system outdated for this new Gardenweb overhaul?

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 12:34AM
quiltgirl

Oh! And I hope someone in the front office is looking at these posts and can fix this. I emailed them on their contact site but have heard nothing thus far!

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 12:35AM
Artichokey

I'm running the "Ghostery" add-on with Firefox; it blocks ads, but more importantly to me, it also blocks a number of web trackers. I highly recommend it, especially if you're having trouble with ads running over posts.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 2:10AM
Fori is not pleased

I feel bad. I have always made fun of GW for looking like it's using vintage software, but everything they try to upgrade it I dislike it and complain.

Bring back retro-GW!

(I don't have an ad problem since I block them (which is why my say shouldn't matter to GW) but I sure do have a LOT of blank screen. Stop makin' me scroll!)

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 10:52AM
Linelle

I don't mind the new look at all.

I do wonder why the posts are constrained to about 2/3 the width of the two vertical lines. Is that empty space for ads, either upcoming or mercifully blocked by my software?

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 11:48AM
breezygirl

********I hope everyone who dislikes the new format contacts GW Administration to let them know! I sent my complaints in yesterday and will do so again today.

Below is a link to the announcement of the new format and future changes. There is a spot to contact them to complain. Personally, I strongly dislike the new font, small font size, light blue thread colors on the homepage, and how much scrolling I have to do. Being on the ipad, I cannot simply change the font and size like some of you can.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read this announcement and COMPLAIN!!

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
Sliding (glass) wall between kitchen and outside (porch)?
This is a kitchen remodel and new construction of a...
cotehele
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Where to end tile-dilema!
The quartzite and backsplash will be gone. So ignore...
heidia
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
Faucet for kitchen remodel
I am having trouble finding the right faucet to go...
kathy6421
Sponsored Products
Kraus PU-12 Grid Style Drain - PU-12CH
$29.95 | Hayneedle
Classic Black & Silver Wallpaper R1512, double roll
Walls Republic
Ezel Silver Round Edge Minimal 24 1/2" x 62 1/2" Mirror
Lamps Plus
Engage Upholstered Sofa in Oatmeal Tweed
$919.00 | LexMod
Hand-tufted Transitional Oriental Pattern Ivory Rug (9'6 x 13'6)
Overstock.com
Jazz Bronze Three-Light Billiard Pendant with Amber Marble Glass
$556.60 | Bellacor
Sunny Day Sheets
| Dot & Bo
Fin Coaster Set of 4 by Souda
$80.00 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™