Does your page look different?

happy2b…gwFebruary 11, 2013

When I connected to Kitchen Forum tonight, the page has a different appearance. The font is new and so is background. I was wondering if this change is site wide or if I did something to internet settings that caused the change. What has been your experience tonight?
Warm regards

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kellysar

I just signed on and also had a new font and background. (Now I see there was an earlier posting about it, though).

This post was edited by Kellysar on Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 21:18

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 9:10PM
flwrs_n_co

New font and layout, unfortunately, and ads that block what posters are saying as well as their pics. This new GW is awful!!! To the GW admins: Please undo these changes! The ads are even more obnoxious than they used to be. I'm afraid more than a few people will abandon ship because of these changes.

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 9:15PM
island

Yes more pop ups and ads than ever and I also find the ads are covering the text and pictures in the posts.
Hope it's just a glitch and hope they fix it so I get emails when I request notice of a reply.

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 11:26PM
quiltgirl

I tried to post a topic and when I clicked "preview message" , it went to the home page of Gardenweb (the Garden site) instead of the preview page. I cannot figure out how to fix it. I am on a Mac and running Leopard. Is my operating system outdated for this new Gardenweb overhaul?

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 12:34AM
quiltgirl

Oh! And I hope someone in the front office is looking at these posts and can fix this. I emailed them on their contact site but have heard nothing thus far!

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 12:35AM
Artichokey

I'm running the "Ghostery" add-on with Firefox; it blocks ads, but more importantly to me, it also blocks a number of web trackers. I highly recommend it, especially if you're having trouble with ads running over posts.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 2:10AM
Fori is not pleased

I feel bad. I have always made fun of GW for looking like it's using vintage software, but everything they try to upgrade it I dislike it and complain.

Bring back retro-GW!

(I don't have an ad problem since I block them (which is why my say shouldn't matter to GW) but I sure do have a LOT of blank screen. Stop makin' me scroll!)

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 10:52AM
Linelle

I don't mind the new look at all.

I do wonder why the posts are constrained to about 2/3 the width of the two vertical lines. Is that empty space for ads, either upcoming or mercifully blocked by my software?

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 11:48AM
breezygirl

********I hope everyone who dislikes the new format contacts GW Administration to let them know! I sent my complaints in yesterday and will do so again today.

Below is a link to the announcement of the new format and future changes. There is a spot to contact them to complain. Personally, I strongly dislike the new font, small font size, light blue thread colors on the homepage, and how much scrolling I have to do. Being on the ipad, I cannot simply change the font and size like some of you can.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read this announcement and COMPLAIN!!

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
Backsplash 'Rules'/Design Principals for Cohesion
Hi all! Still no reveal and yes still searching for...
autumn.4
Tiny Galley Kitchen: Layout feedback needed
We've decided we're staying in our current house forever....
ant_farmer
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™