Anyone use cabinets by Wolf?

htumgrFebruary 19, 2012

We're just starting what is to be a mid-range kitchen and master bath renovation. Our GC recommended kitchen cabinets by Wolf and, based on info on the website, (see link below), these seem to be a good product at a good price. We haven't had a chance to visit the showroom yet to see what they're actually like, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience with this brand and can recommend for or against. All comments or alternate suggestions will be most appreciated.

http://www.wolfhomeproducts.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robbcs3

These are not bad cabinets, but not really intended for the mid range remodel market. These are currently sitting in a warehouse- what you see is what you get. These cabinets were introduced for the investment property/ flipping market. Most mid range remodels go for a cabinet with a lifetime warranty and more design options/ flexibility. You may not get much feedback on them as they are fairly new, and more of a regional thing.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 12:57PM
daveinorlado

Wolf is a wholesaler of products to retail stores. They are trying to get more brand name recognition and use their name for the cabinets. They also sell to retail stores Aristokraft (who does not want to deal directly with stores who are not large volume buyers) Norcraft (the parent company of Starmak, Fieldstone, Ultrakraft, and Europa)

The Wolf Classic cabinet is intended to compete against chinese and the instock market in general. A kitchen and bath dealer has to request permision to sell each brand that wolf represents. I for example on sell the contractors choice line of aristokraft, the wolf classic and the Palette bath furniture they changed the name to Wolf recently which is really foremost industies bath line. Wolf distributing is in York Pa and they sell to retailers on the East coast for the most part.

The entire book for wolf is about 20 pages long. My semi custom companies that are like woodmark and kraftmaid are about 400 pages long to give you an idea of how constrained the choices are. There are 3 door styles in 2-3 colors each. Plywood construction is the only way it comes. I find the drawers tend to bind when sliding they did not allow for them to adjust to changes in width as it moves so it tends to bind from time to time. A dealer with a display has a better cost on it then a dealer without a display as well.

I do not like the texture of the wood drawers either. The shaker door style does not have a shaker crown molding either. You can get 30,36, and 42 wall cabinets.

As long as you are looking for a basic layout you can do any average kitchen in a single family home.

On average it is close to the price of woodmark and the sister company names. Which means most people are spending 2,500 to 6,000 for an entire kitchen. Some extremes would be more or less.

If you want something American made that looks okay and you need it fairly cheap it is a decent thing to consider.

The mitered doorstyles do not have the tightest miters out there.

Bookmark   February 23, 2012 at 7:36PM
Main34

Htumgr,
Did you purchase the Wolf cabinets. If so, what do you think?

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 1:21PM
scot_2010

i recently brought in the Wolf Classic line and invested in a display,
what should i say, very disappointed, the quality is poor, having issues with almost every customer i sold it to,

the company rep was very helpful to repalce them, but this ruins my reputation,
the chineese cabinets we offer are better quality, its a shame to call it "made in the USA",

i suggest you to pay few dollars more and get a good product,

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 6:47PM
Suzy1966

I purchased cabinets through Wolf Cabinetry & Granite in Palatine, IL. The quality is just OK, nothing great...but they were cheap. The pullout trash cabinet keeps falling apart (poor design). The door hinges and drawer tracks were put on very sloppily. All of my doors and drawers were crooked. I had to remove and remount several of the door hinges and drawer tracks because they were not level. I would not recommend these cabinets nor would I recommend the company in Palatine that I bought them from. You get what you pay for.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 10:36AM
MonmouthBeachReno

A little late here but I just in case anyone is reading this who is considering Wolf - my advice is DO NOT USE WOLF. I just had an awful experience with them...I posted the details here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0709575111628.html

Bookmark   July 26, 2013 at 10:01AM
jerry_h

Yes, familiar with Wolf Classic Cabinets. Yes, made FOR Wolf in the US BY www.kountrywood.com. Quality ... "Ehhh" ... better can be had. Was not impressed. Another option was found at www.wholesalecustomcabinetry.com.

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 8:04AM
aries61

jerry_h, went to your another option website and used their online estimate tool and most expensive of all estimates that I received from others.

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 8:29AM
cmanley33

I know this is an old thread but what does anyone know about Wolf Designer Cabinets ( not classic)?

Bookmark   February 7, 2015 at 7:56PM
aries61

cmanley33, Wolf Designer Cabinets are made by Mid Continent Cabinetry which is a Norcraft Company.

This post was edited by aries61 on Sun, Feb 8, 15 at 9:36

Bookmark   February 7, 2015 at 10:24PM
lmurray25

anyone else buy Wolf Designer cabinets?

Bookmark   February 12, 2015 at 7:41AM
bona0

Ye they full of chips and dents, just had them installed a week ago not happy, any advice on how to return them??

Bookmark   February 12, 2015 at 4:24PM
GreenDesigns

Cabinetry is not usually returnable at all as it's a special order custom designed for your particular kitchen. A budget cabinet line like Wolf is what it is, and isn't what it isn't. You cannot expect the Presidential Suite when you're buying the hourly room at the flophouse.

Bookmark   February 12, 2015 at 4:49PM
peterlinn43

Wolf kitchen cabinets are low grade cabinets with a mid range price. Their quality control is terrible. They will make good on imperfections but it is a tiring process. Best bet is to buy another brand. It might cost a bit more but it will be worth it.

Bookmark   February 15, 2015 at 12:02PM
Lily Spider

After all the research I've done over the past few months it appears there are people complaining about every cabinet manufacturer out there. I have read negative reviews on pretty much all of the typical brands.

Bookmark   February 15, 2015 at 6:16PM
Lily Spider

Bona0, if they are full of chips and scratches. We're they like that when you bought them? Did your contractor do it during the install or are they chipped and scratched after a month of regular wear & tear? They should have a warranty, correct?

Bookmark   February 15, 2015 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
Lighting 7 foot ceiling pantry
I am doing a bank of cabinets in my 9 foot by 7 foot...
katonahmom
Induction cooktop > no slow cooker?
Can the low settings, timer and a good pot replace...
anniel58
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Close matches to Conestoga popular White paint colors
We often get asked whose paints Conestoga uses on their...
Cabinet Joint
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™