Opinions on California Paints?

blondie859111November 22, 2010

Hi,

Locally I can get SW and California Paints brands. If I travel I can get BM paint.

I was looking to paint a room tomorrow and noticed California Paints has a nice neutral color.

This will be on newly pried sheetrock- new construction.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

California is a top tier brand and it's actually well-known in certain parts of the country. Their mid and top grades are good choices.

Alos, their color palette has won award(s). Not that anyone asked me but their website needs some work. i.e. Screen grab below.

On behalf of professional color experts everywhere let me clarify that we DO NOT "prefer to use color tools on screen". Someone might have nailed the palette for CA Paints but whoever is writing their copy needs some help.

I do believe this is the most ridiculous few paragraphs about color I've seen in a really long time. It's like directions that come with stuff made in China. Something got seriously lost in translation and who knows WTH it means. i.e. "Most of us in the real-world" as opposed to where exactly? And it just goes downhill from there.

Here is a link that might be useful: California Paints click on 'Monitor Colors'

Bookmark   November 23, 2010 at 4:14AM
More Discussions
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
Advice on what to expect with exterior house painting job
I plan on getting estimates from 3 painters to paint...
spunkybelle
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
How to fix this problem
We bought a new home and waited the recommended year...
pg57
BM Satin Impervo Waterborne discontinued. Replacement?
I went to purchase this today and discovered it had...
jellytoast
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™