BM gray that doesn't read blue? Help!!
We had picked out Coventry Gray for our kitchen cabinets, but when we got the sample door---it has hugely blue undertones in our space, which I hadn't anticipated! We picked it because it looked like a true gray on the 8" swatch.
Now I'm scrambling to find some viable alternatives. We are looking for something without blue/purple undertones for lower cabinets. Either a true gray or something with taupe/green undertones would work. We like the grayness of Coventry (i.e., it's not too dark or light---just the wrong tone!) Could go a bit darker for the right color, but not any lighter as we need to maintain a contrast with the Acadia White trim.
Other colors in play in the space:
- Acadia White for trim and a separate wall of cabinets
- Stem Green, probably with 20% white so a little lighter, on the walls
- Flooring is Marmoleum in three gray shades, some of which also read a little blue---so we don't want to accentuate this by drawing more blue into the equation.
- Red accent color.
- Charcoal-ish (slight green undertone) soapstone counters.
- Natural fir wood (a bit orange-y) on tables/furniture
Any suggestions?? Thanks!