Paint color suggestion

autiemomNovember 30, 2011

Hi everyone. I am looking for suggestions to paint our bedroom. We're leaning toward a spa blue, but haven't found a great one yet. So, we're open to suggestions! Our bedding is the Eddie Bauer Batik (I think I attached a link below, but I'm not too savvy with technology! :))

Our bedroom has harwood floors and is cozy (or not too big, depending on how you are looking at it). We only have one window in the bedroom so we are leaning toward light colors. We're going with white trim and molding. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! We've tried some blues out, and beiges too, but haven't hit on the right color. Thanks so much!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our bedding

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Try posting this on the Home Decorating forum if you don't get many responses here.

Bookmark   December 1, 2011 at 8:58AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karinl

Much depends on the direction the window faces and whether you ever open the curtains. I would try for the right shade for the room, not just for your bedding - your bedding may change. But I would lean toward a warm colour for a bedroom to enhance the cozy feel, perhaps? Maybe a nice yellow - we painted one north-facing bedroom a warm yellow (BM Buttermilk). The other bedroom, which gets light from more than one side, is a light clear lilac. Some suggestions about dark rooms, in case yours is dark, are at the link below.

Karin L

Here is a link that might be useful: Maria Killam's blog

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 2:34AM
More Discussions
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Advice on what to expect with exterior house painting job
I plan on getting estimates from 3 painters to paint...
spunkybelle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™