Need Paint to compliment this baby bedding..ASAP!

emmaraineNovember 19, 2009

I thought we were ways away from painting our new house...well i was WRONG, husband needs color today or at the latest tomorrow!! My daughter is only 9 months old but i want a color that will not look to "babyish" but not to grown up either...im not the type to repaint every year!!! Since i have no clue how to post pictures on here, here is the link to the bedding. one thing i know for sure is that i do not want PINK. Was thinking more of the green color that is in the bedding. its very generic bedding, i know...but it was on sale and she will only be in a baby bed for a year or so why spend a fortune, right, her current bedding is way worse than this :)

http://www.stylekid.ca/store/files/MIG_SWE_SET.bmp

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jesst

I don't mind the bedding! I would suggest a color similar to the flooring in the bedding image, a very light warm beige ( like BM hush AF-95), or if you want to go bolder, I love BM pale avacado. I think either would give the room a clean, inviting, contemporary touch. Good luck!

Bookmark   November 19, 2009 at 12:58PM
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

I'd look at a Tiffany Box Blue (TBB), a turquoise. Maybe focus on one that had a little greener edge than a typical TBB. The darker, rich read in the bedding with the TBB could be fabulous.

I know there isn't any blue in the bedding :).

You only have to "pull" colors from textiles for paint colors if you want to. It's not a set rule and it most certainly is not the "right way" to do it. It's just the text book way to do it -- it's just another option for coloring. No more no less. ;)

Pulling colors or using textiles and inspiration pieces for paint colors isn't a guaranteed route to a successful, interesting, and balanced atmosphere.

It just means the paint color is gonna match something. For some people that's a big deal. For some people having the paint color match something or directly echo an inspiration piece is what defines a "designed" room.

So, no, there's no blue in the bedding. But would TBB with the bedding create an interesting color relationship, is the option well-crafted color design in that it will meet expectations NOW as wells as how the room needs to evolve. That's how I'd frame color option if a blue in order to evaluate it.

Bookmark   November 19, 2009 at 1:03PM
graywings123

Sheez, three spammers in a row!

Bookmark   December 20, 2011 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic
I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter...
CT_Newbie
Choosing Paint Color with Lighting Issues
I'm anxious to start painting my kitchen cabinet doors...
funkycamper
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
OIL BASED PAINT
Read on another thread about oil based paints being...
kashka_kat
paint color help, Please!
Eastern Washington State, 1964 single story, 1500 sq....
H
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™