Almost done ... except cabinet glass, handles, and range back
THANK YOU EVERYONE for your direct feedback as well as all the info from reading the forum.
I had hoped to wait for the final staged pics Ã¢ÂÂ¦ but I would appreciate a little more help! Suggestions for
1) the cabinet glass (thinking opaque and cheap Ã¢ÂÂ¦ unless I put in radiator tin??)
2) the 51 handles! (thinking simple, no ends to catch and again cheap maybe from Home Depot!)
3) backsplash for range (thinking metal tile or could put plain stainless.)
We came in under $30K including appliances but not floor repair/refinishing. We acted as our own general and did pullout, painting, electric, drywall and plumbing (except gas) ourselves. Pull out was Jan 18th and countertops were installed Feb. 18th - winter made for quick turnarounds. People donÃ¢ÂÂt seem to include prices on this site but that was what I was I was always looking for so Ã¢ÂÂ¦ prices include tax.
- Cabinets Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½" Schock from Oregon color coconut $13.3K
- Install $2K
- Countertops Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½" Granite African Rainbow 102 square feet @ $71/sq ft $8.1K
- Sink Blanco Silgranit Metallic Grey $.6K (yes, overpaid)
- GE CafÃÂ© Range, generic strong hood, GE low end fridge, Blomberg dishwasher (Bosche knock-off), microwave from Costco $5.3K
- under counter Designer Series LED Light panels $.2K
- misc other like wrong designer, right designer, gas man, electric parts, drywall, etc.
+ Too overwhelmed to pick a backsplash so granite default. Wish I had gone with long cream subway tile.
+ Hired an artist friend that needed work for colors and she picked the wrong green. Hired a real designer who quickly switched us to Devine paintÃ¢ÂÂs Green Tea.
+ Can sell used appliances and cabinets quickly on Craigslist. Had a bidding war for our peeling plastic wrap cabinets.
+ CHECK your vendorsÃ¢ÂÂ math. Thanks to a post on this board, I requested details on found they had over-estimated our counter footage by 22%