BM Dove White Trim - what white to use on walls?

newhomeowner2011aNovember 16, 2011

Hi,

We have Carrera basketweave marble (with black small squares) on the floor and Carrera marble field tiles on the shower surround. We have a white vanity and black (Mesabi black granite) countertop. We have selected White Dove BM paint for the trim in the bathroom as well as throughout our house.

What color white would you pick for the walls? Would you use Dove White also for the walls (matching the trim) or something else? My gut tells me something else less white - maybe a blue/white or grey/white to pull out the veining in the marble???

In the master bedroom that leads into this bathroom, there is a lot of cranberry in the bedding (using China Doll paint on the walls) but there is a little blue - no grey.

We have tried a few grey, silver and blue samples on the wall but I haven't been happy as they have all been too dark and detracted from the marble (as opposed to highlighting it!). I'm leaning towards doing just a black and white room now - but what white looks good with Dove White trim (the vanity and med cabinets are also painted Dove White)?

Any other paint samples you'd suggest us checking out?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_home

Here is the link to the White Dove page on the Benjamin Moore site. On the bottom there are color combo selections. You can click the button to see what BM suggests.

White Dove is so neutral you can match it with virtually any white. I personally would want to see some contrast, otherwise the trim blends into the walls.

Here is a link that might be useful: BM White Dove color combos

Bookmark   November 17, 2011 at 7:38PM
More Discussions
Paint colors
Our 1905 colonial home has original cherry and oak...
CocoaBean1
why does the cut in on walls look darker than the rolled walls?
Im a designer and the painter I use tells me this happens...
Michael Taylor Interiors
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Thought I was spending good money...NOT!
When remodeling one section of our house, I re painted...
bossyvossy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™