Color scheme

eekimNovember 23, 2010

I need to repaint a living room and a bedroom.

The baseboards and crown molding have to be white to match the rest of the house.

The ceilings, I prefer to be the same color so I don't have to buy more than a gallon of ceiling paint.

Help me pick wall colors that will go well with the baseboard and ceiling color.

The living room has oak floors, and walnut coffee table and dark brown sofa. I was thinking about going with a very light shade of yellow. I'm open to opinions though.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yaanika

Brown colours go well with shades of orange and yellow. Turquoise and cool gray are good additional colours. Also you get more modern look if you add plum purple to your interior.

Here is a link that might be useful: yaanika.com

Bookmark   November 26, 2010 at 1:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrspackrat800

I would also suggest finding something to inspire your color palette such as a print shirt, tie, vase, throw pillow, fabric, a picture (something that has a mix of colors that appeal to your eye). Since your ceiling, trim and sofa are neutral colors, you'll have lots of options. Also study the color wheel, colors next to each other on the wheel when put together are the most harmonious while colors opposite compliment each other while giving a nice contrast. Good luck!

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 4:38PM
More Discussions
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
Living room and game room paint colors!! Help please!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™