Raised panel dishwasher

nhbasketsFebruary 13, 2014

We hope to have a raised dishwasher with cabinet panel in our new kitchen. Any idea how to handle what would normally be the toe kick if the DW were on the floor? Looking on Houzz I see pictures with drawers immediate beneath the DW, which is what I was hoping to do. The cabinetmaker we met with this week had never done a raised DW so was unclear how it would work. We plan to have inset cabinets.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patty_cakes

How high off the floor is it? I've never heard or seen such an application w/drawer underneath, but it sounds neat.

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 8:51PM
nhbaskets

Hi patty, I'm thinking 8-10 inches off the floor. The purpose would be to make it easier to load/unload as we age. Not getting any younger!

This is an example.

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 9:07PM
sena01

Did you find any pictures with the drawer open?

I have no actual knowledge, just guessing. Maybe the drawer front is made high enough to hide the toe kick??

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 9:30AM
nhbaskets

I'm not able to find any photos with the drawer open. This shows a rail under the bottom of the DW and then the drawer. The issue the cabinetmaker was unclear on was having adequate clearance for the DW door to open without hitting the rail or drawer.

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 7:55PM
sena01

Did you find a solution?

I don't know why, but I received the e mail copy of your post of Feb. 14, only 2 hours ago.

Anyway, if you haven't reached an answer yet, maybe opening a new tread indicating you need help regarding the cabinet may attract the attention of the pros in the forum, or you can try the appliances forum.

Bookmark   February 17, 2014 at 6:30PM
fishymom

We had a raised dishwasher in our previous home and it is the one thing I truly miss! Our dishwasher was in a wall oven cabinet with a nice, deep drawer underneath. As you can see in the photo, our dishwasher cabinet had the same toe kick as the rest of the cabinets

Bookmark   February 17, 2014 at 6:58PM
nhbaskets

Thanks for the suggestion, sena. We have not reached a resolution on this yet.

fishy mom, did you have any issues with the cabinet directly underneath the bottom of the DW. Our cabinetmaker is concerned about the door rubbing the cabinet if it is flush with the DW door. Does that make sense?

Bookmark   February 17, 2014 at 8:28PM
More Discussions
Horrible exsisting kitchen layout. Help.
I need help with a bad kitchen layout. Very narrow...
dogger10
Wolf gas range owners - would you buy Wolf again?
I posted a question on the Appliances forum last night...
kaysd
Week 40: Sacrificed? Unobtainable dreams? Which direction?
A lot of questions this morning! Other than your entire...
CEFreeman_GW
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™