Need advice on automated litter box

phish_gwJanuary 1, 2012

I'm thinking of getting an automated kitty litter box. I'd like advice on good brands. I tried a litter maid once and I recall having issues (I think litter got into the engine/mechanism that caused it not to work very well). A friend of mine has a litter robot that she likes and recommends. I'm also concerned if I invest in something, ideally I would like as little maintenance required on my part (if I have to do a lot of work to keep it going, I may as well just save my money and put my work into manually cleaning out my litter boxes often).

What do you advise? What automated litter box do you like? What type of maintenance does it require? How often do you have to clean it out?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jomuir

I'd check amazon.com, they have great reviews of so many products, I try to buy from there for expensive items I think I may change my mind on , they've got a good return policy.Be sure to double-check the return policy, they sell from some vendors that don't have generous returns. Also look for free shipping, that can save too.

I don't have any advice for you on the brands, we use scoopable in our litterpans. Good luck

Bookmark   January 4, 2012 at 7:09PM
More Discussions
Found baby bird with bald spot
Hi! There's a lot of maya birds in our area and this...
makoto
dry food for cats that can't eat dry food ;)
Howdy all, There seems to be a lot of experience here...
GWgal
Have you had a cat just vanish?
My beautiful black cat, Midnight just vanished . I...
berk
loose aggressive dog on walk, need help
i need helpful advice about aggressive dog in neighborhood....
adoiron
What is your favorite dog shampoo?
I used to use the cheapest dog shampoo I could find...
moonbyte5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™