Does Gardenweb have a favorite white paint kitchen cab color?

threeapplesFebruary 26, 2012

We want our cabinets to look historic, but still very nice. We plan to have our inset beaded cabinets glazed lightly. The cabinets go all the way to the ceiling and will meet a dentil molding. What color is best for this? The backsplash will likely be a 2 x 4 carrera marble subway tile and we haven't chosen the counters yet. Any suggestions for a white that isn't too stark, but isn't cream or ivory either? thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beaglesdoitbetter1

We used BM glacier white and we have a carrera marble subway tile backsplash too. The color looks great w/ the marble.

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 8:35PM
willtv

We went with BM Gardenia, a very warm white.
Which white you choose depends on a number of factors, lighting, floor color, adjoing room color, etc.
Pick up a few sample size whites and look at them under differing conditions, day, night, overcast skies, etc.
Many of us have been down this road.
Personally, I must have sampled 10 different whites before making my decision.

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 10:16AM
ellendi

BM Dove White

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 3:40PM
jessicaml

Stumbled upon this while looking for another thread, but it seems to me that the whites mentioned most often (and there are LOTS of "perfect white" threads!) are Benjamin Moore Dove White, Simply White and White Cloud. My cabinets are in Ace Cabinet and Trim paint in a color match to White Cloud.

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 9:35PM
Linelle

I have BM Cloud White. It was a tough choice between that and Simply White. I loved them both.

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 10:28PM
babs711

It's funny because so many here say that a lot depends on lighting, flooring that's in place and wall color, etc. But I'm finding that with building from the ground up, I'm working backwards. None of those things will be in place to see if my elements will work. I'm working off of samples with NO lighting in place and NO flooring in place and am just crossing my fingers that my paint and cabinet/counter choices flow when it comes together. It's kind of crazy to do it this way! It's good to know some "no fail" colors to start with. That's how I'm progressing with paint to start with.

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 11:56PM
jessicaml

*BM White Cloud and Cloud White are different colors! I have Cloud White, and Cloud White is the color I hear more often, not White Cloud! Ironically, I was thinking about those two similar names with the intention of NOT typing the wrong one...

Confession: I mixed a couple shades of white I was unhappy with together, and the resulting color match is the same formula as the color match to Cloud White (total coincidence). In that sense, I didn't even pick my white, and I had actually already rejected Cloud White as being too "creamy" for my space. Now that it's done...I like it and it's warm, not stark.

All that rambling to say that you'll probably be just fine even if your conditions aren't perfect, with lighting and flooring, etc. in place. :)

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 12:15AM
gsciencechick

We have BM Chantilly Lace, which I heard about on this forum.

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 8:27AM
More Discussions
Polished chrome and polished nickel fixtures in same kitchen?
This is what I get for not figuring everything out...
windycitylindy
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
scrappy25
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Found a granite Pergaminho, is this the same as Delicatus or Alaskan ?
I've been searching for a durable island countertop...
happyallison
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™