Paint color

bus_driverOctober 13, 2012

House with aluminum siding. Kind of gold color. A premium grade siding installed about 1977. The siding has never been repainted and does not need it. The wood trim and some recently added aluminum trim with (manufacturer applied to coil stock) PVC coating need to be painted.

The original finish is in great shape but would have to be scrubbed quite vigorously to get it back to near original color. It is weathered to a lighter shade. I do have a sample of the original siding that has never had much light exposure. Noticeably darker gold than the faded siding. Taking a sample of the weathered siding to the paint store is out of the question and repainting the entire house is not technically necessary nor economically wise.

My inclination is to take the unfaded sample to the paint store and have it matched. That paint will probably eventually fade to lighter than the original baked finish.

Do you have an alternate suggestion?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Yes. Take the unfaded sample to the paint store as a point of reference and get some paint chips that are a few shades lighter. You can better match the current color that way.

Have you given any thought to a contrasting trim color?

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 5:54PM
More Discussions
Need help picking up the right paint color for my brand new house
Hi, We must bought a brand new house and request to...
san28
Paint for basement stairs
I'm planning to repaint my basement stairs. Is SW Porch...
corgimum
Help with paint color!
My sunroom is BM Chili Pepper, the dining room is BM...
mererx
Help please on exterior white paint.
I have a ranch and am repainting the brick and siding...
rindy96
Should I be confident in a SW color match of BM paints?
I am getting ready to paint a complete remodel so the...
m323
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™