Tiger, Tiger burning bright...(Kipling)

lilodDecember 28, 2007

I am referring to the tragic incident in the San Francisco Zoo

on Christmas.

Finger-pointing and blame fixing are now going on.

Concerns about the safety of the public is definitely a priority- for instance, I wonder why, in this age of surveillance, there is no camera in the area. Monitoring both human and tiger behavior would be of interest, I'm sure.

The victims are of an age when daring, macho action is a badge of courage, so to speak, so it is possible that some of the blame must be laid on them.

Lawsuits will most certainly follow.

Here is a link that might be useful: source

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wildchild

Tatiana was only being a tiger. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out these wannabe gangstas were up to no good.

Hopefully justice will be served and Tatiana's death will be avenged. I am hoping these human animals will be caged when the truth comes out.

Bookmark   January 6, 2008 at 11:51AM
lilod

They are hiding behind an Attorney, but I just discovered this is the Attorney who defended Scott Peterson, saying he was definitely innocent. Mr. Peterson is now on Death Row, so maybe the Attorney is not all that competent.
Apparently there were many mistakes made by the Zoo and by the Authorities, but I am sure that the two brothers are not "Victims", but had a hand in the attack.

Bookmark   January 6, 2008 at 3:56PM
junebug1961

I'm certain the young guys were bothering the tiger, but the zoo is also liable. The walls surrounding her compound were not tall enough by four or six feet...my memory is failing me. So, even though they were teasing her, the zoo will have to pay dearly. I hope they will take precautions in the future and erect some sort of barrier to keep idiot humans away from the animals, for the sake of the animals!

Bookmark   January 6, 2008 at 4:14PM
wildchild

The wall has kept the tigers in for over 60 years. Those guys were doing much more than "teasing" or "taunting".

I hope that they can work the evidence and charge these bozos with the death of not only their "friend" but the death of an endangered species.

Bookmark   January 7, 2008 at 12:22AM
livvysmom

Well, I just think it is disgusting that these punks thought it would be fun to harass a tiger (nothing better to do on Christmas day???).

But, what if the tiger after escaping had killed a small child? Do you think the child's parent would care if the the boys were teasing the tiger?? No, they would be angry as hell that the tiger could get out.

Didn't the person that die have nothing to do with the harassing of the tiger?

Personally, I wouldn't give those two punks a dime.

Bookmark   January 7, 2008 at 9:38AM
wireweiners

FYI, It was William Blake, not Kipling, that wrote "Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright".

Bookmark   January 15, 2008 at 12:16PM
wildchild

Well the latest is the police got a warrant to search the car and the cell phones. The judge will decide this morning if the city attorney can examine them for the pending civil case. Hope they find enough to bring criminal charges against the wannabe gangstas.

Bookmark   January 16, 2008 at 11:17AM
lilod

I am sure the brothers were not innocent victims in this attack, they have a reputation with law-enforcement already.
I do believe the Zoo unfortunately has not handled the situation very well and will be paying the price, along with the City of San Francisco.
Unfortunately the ones in charge are required to protect idiots from getting what they deserve.

Here is a link that might be useful: SF Chronicle article

Bookmark   January 16, 2008 at 4:43PM
bill_vincent

You can't geeet me! You can't geeet me! You can't.....er....

My bad....

Bookmark   January 22, 2008 at 11:53PM
More Discussions
Putting to sleep a cat that pees outside the box
Now this will surely cause a debate but I am interested...
livvysmom
Formula to get Cat urine out permanently
I'm passing this on. __________________________________________________________ There...
todancewithwolves
Ladybug landed on me but its the middle of winter
A ladybug just landed on me but its february and its...
L A
Vet prices in perspective
So many people whine and complain about the cost of...
LizRVT
My neighbors don't like me or my dogs?
Hi, I'm new here, but I really need some advice on...
FryFry
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™