Martha Stewart paint symbols

greenmtnOctober 21, 2010

I have some of the Martha Stewart paint chips from Home Depot. I see that throughout the store they have the items coded with the symbols - star, leaf, moon etc. I assume this classifies them into certain color groupings. However, I can't find anything that explains what each grouping is. For example, is one clear color, one muted tones, one vivid? I have searched the HD site and Martha site but did not find anything. Martha's site did have a quiz you take and it told me I am Natural Tones but there is no link to what colors fall into this grouping.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colour.me.christine

Hello,

My name is Christine, and I work for The Home Depot in Atlanta.

This question has run across my mind a few times, the symbols make it very easy to decorate a beautifully coordinated room from start to finish. As far as I can tell, however they donâÂÂt have any relevance to the colors themselves. For instance if you have a paint color that has a star in the upper right hand corner, you will want to get curtains with a star as well. There are a few different designs with the star symbol, so you can get curtains that will match your design esthetic.

As far as getting natural tone colors, they are referring to warm, neutral colors.

Happy decorating!
Christine

Bookmark   October 30, 2010 at 2:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Well, actually the symbols do relate to an organization system within the MS color palette. The symbols are suppose to help guide you to creating whole color palettes/schemes. Top to bottom for a single room or a whole house. Already posted the same answer on the Home Dec board:

The symbols are a key to coordination and it's based on harmony, not color categorization like lumping all the muted tones together.

If you assemble all the color chips with a moon symbol, for example, they are all suppose to harmonize and look pretty together. All the flower symbol colors "go" together, etc.

Bookmark   October 30, 2010 at 5:51PM
More Discussions
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
Valspar Paints formula change-not good
I'm a prior user/recommender of Valspar paints (e.g....
tbriggs
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic
I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter...
CT_Newbie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™