Zinsser Roll- A-Tex

mamacottiOctober 25, 2012

Has anyone ever used this product? I'd love to be able to find something that I can just roll on to get a somewhat uniform appearance on some spots.

This house is 33 yrs old, lots of previous repairs in different spots. The "original" wall texture is smooth, or orange-peel(?).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

If it turns out that that was a really stupid question, I apoligize. The only times I've ever had walls textured was during renovations, and it was always knock-down. I'm just assuming a smooth texture is blown on? Maybe not...? I did ask the guys at SW if there was anything that I could roll on, and they said no, but then I found this Zinsser product.

So,any advice would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
matildajane

I've owned a bunch of properties over the years including three rental properties that were at least 70 years old -- lots of abused walls. I've always repaired pockmarked walls the hard way: spackle/sand, spackle/sand until pleasing to the eye. I repair cracks using fiberglass tape and epoxy and/or spackle. I haven't used Roll-A-Tex but it just doesn't look like the best way to go. Consider using "wall liner" that is applied like wallpaper. It bridges imperfections, turns hard (like plaster) after application, and it can be painted or papered. You could surface an entire wall with liner or portions. The sheet edges would need to be feather edged with spackle, of course. I've seen wall liner in Home Depot and Lowes plus it's readily available on-line.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 10:31PM
More Discussions
Any opinions on behr premium plus ultra paint?
I am considering using behr premium plus ultra paint...
texasjg
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
paint matching from sw to valspar
has anyone had a can of paint matched in another paint...
adoiron
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™