Pottery Barn Manhattan Recliner or CopyCat?

redbazelFebruary 3, 2013

My DH never goes to stores but this weekend found him waiting for me in Pottery Barn and he sat in the PB Manhattan recliner. Now, we need a couple of matching chairs for our new house *(not built yet...) and I had considered leather, but the PB is $2000! Plus, I would need to find something to go with that would not be that much money...

So, has anyone bought this recliner and consider it a real find? Any similar sized recliners out there that you like? Someone online recommended a Marbella recliner from Overstock but I know nothing of them, and have never ordered from them. Ideas?

Red

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitchendetective

An acquaintance purchased the PB recliner when a dsigner was liquidating pieces she used in showcase homes for a development. I don't know the exact price, but it was nowhre near retail and the chair has taken a lot of abuse. It still looks and feels really good. The purchase was seven years ago. Whether today's quality is equal I do not know. Many recliners are available for $2,000, so I would really shop this exhaustively. Many are only top grain leather, which really bothers me.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 9:52AM
nosoccermom

Well, I don't have the PB recliner but the chair and sofa, which were originally cognac color. They are now several years old and have discolored into a fairly greenish/yellowish color. As a matter of fact, last night, I went at them with dark brown shoe polish. So far, so good. Haven't tried sitting on them in a white dress yet.
I saw and sat in a very comfy leather recliner at COSTCO, which looked like a similar style as the PB Manhattan. However, I can't find it on their web site. Still, their quality is usually very good, and if you don't like it, you can always return it. Maybe the Cleburn or whatever you find in their warehouse.

Here is a link that might be useful: COSTCO recliners

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 9:54AM
yayagal

Found this one on the Copycat site.

Here is a link that might be useful: copycat

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 10:34AM
More Discussions
BM Iced Slate
Hi all. I would appreciate your help. We just completed...
peach42navy
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
Budget kitchen remodel
We relocated to a new state, and bought this home last...
reallymelanie
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - I hate it!!
I'm painting a few pieces of furniture for my daughters...
aggierose
Why do you decorate?
I'm sure this has come up a million times before ....
anele_gw
Sponsored Products
Irwin Flatweave Runner 2'3" x 8' - SPA
$219.00 | Horchow
Zadee Pottery Jar
| Dot & Bo
Twist Iron Gate Rim Latch and Pull Set
Signature Hardware
Goodrichâ„¢ Dominion Porcelain Gooseneck Light
Barn Light Electric Company
ORE International Lamps 23.5 in. Barn Brushed Gold Touch Lamp K309
$36.98 | Home Depot