Please help me with my math!
My tile won't be here as soon as I had hoped.
I understand why I need to tile under the appliances and I am trying to account for it. The best way to do it would be to wait till tiling is done but I cannot (for logistical reasons) wait with the DW area.
The tile guy said I had to plan for an additional 1/2" height but I do not want to take my chances. I am planning on a regular 34.5" height to the bottom of the counter.
Right now, I have a drawer DW which sits well above the floor but I want to avoid any problems if I ever decide to switch back to a full height DW or when we sell the house.
I have looked up specifications for several DWs, both European and domestic, and all of them were no more than 34" high. Many had adjustable height.
If I place a DW on the floor and then tile up to it, it would be difficult to get it out. But if I simply leave a 34.5" high opening, I do not foresee any issues with another DW in the nearest future (till the standard counter height changes drastically).
Am I right?