Communist China's extreme action against extreme dog numbers
I have to credit others for bringing this story to my atention. But here is the story.
1. Even Communist China recognizes the crisis created by having too many dogs around people. The first Chinese manifestation just happens to arise in Beijing, which has seen a 20% increase in dog population in a mere one year. Incredible.
2. The Chinese protesters seem to be comprised at least in large part by dog owners who have multiple dogs, and pet shop owners and breeders.
3. If an extremist communist government recognizes the public health issues created by having too many dogs, how far behind can Western governments be? Sincere question.
4. If dog lovers do not control themselves, and control their pets, and the numbers of their pets continues to grow, and owners refuse to acknowledge the rights of others to have peace, then dogs will suffer, and "dog lovers" will be the cause. I've been saying this for months. China has fulfilled every prediction I've had thus far. It's extreme. It's severe. It's also inevitable. Dog owners - you better wake up.
5. Interesting - but owners of multiple dogs, even in China, seem to think they have an inalienable right to have as many dogs as they want, no matter what the impact to neighbors around them, no matter the impact to society at large, and no matter the impact to dogs. Interesting.