paint for low ceilng house
Our ceiling height is 8'. our painter suggests that we paint the ceiling, trims, and doors in sherwin williams (SW) dover white flat. He suggests the wall be in kelly moore (KM) cottage white or cotton lace (eggshell or satin). pls advise on how we could make the ceiling looks higher. specifically:
1. what sheen should it be for the ceiling - some say a higher sheen could bounce off the light and hence make the ceiling look higher. If flat the right sheen?
2. should the crown molding and baseboards be painted the same color as the ceiling or should they be the same color as the wall?
3. what is the color one or two shades darker than SW's dover white? should we use that color for the wall instead?
4. Is satin the right sheen for bathrooms and/or kitchen? should we use semi gloss?
5. Should the doors be in gloss or semi gloss?
6. any other suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated.