12x24 tile backsplash??

calizzyFebruary 3, 2014

Hi! I have a tall wall at the end of my kitchen. I am going to have a hood put in with no uppers on that wall at all, maybe a few shelves. Also, the soffit is being removed. I am considering tiling the whole wall with 12x24 marble tile. The ceiling is 11 feet, so I think that the large tiles would better than something like subway. However, I am really second guessing myself since I can't find any pictures of 12x24 tile used as backsplash, I really only see it in showers. Is this a bad idea?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EAM44

You have very high ceilings, and my guess is that 12" x 24" tiles will look great on that wall. But there's no need to guess. You can buy sheets of paper that size and tape them up to give you a preview of what you're going to end up with. I think it'll be lovely. and I'm certain that someone used large format marble tile in a bs not too long ago. Take a look in the Finished Kitchens Blog

Bookmark   February 4, 2014 at 1:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
romy718

Gone_south did 12 x 24" backsplash tiles, vertically. Here's a link with additional pictures. NYCbluedevil did 6x18" tiles.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gone_South 12x24

Bookmark   February 4, 2014 at 12:51PM
More Discussions
Help me with my Appliance Allowance - $15k
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
Under Cabinet Lights, Kelvin Question
For our kitchen remodel we’ve already installed Cree...
athomesewing
Ikea pantry options - what will work best?
I have a wall space between two french doors adjacent...
crcollins1_gw
Caesarstone Dreamy Marfil~ new and beautiful
I tried and tried to get an accurate color on this...
deedles
Corian Countertop -Show your pics!
Hi, I'm considering installing a corian countertop...
MercerM
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™