Blue colored bedroom

salilsurendranOctober 9, 2012

Hey Guys,

Recently I had to do some dry wall repair and hence since the wall needed to be painted anyway I decided to paint the bedroom. I liked a dark blue color(photo attached) and bought it from Lowes (Valspar - Semi Gloss). Once the contractor started painting it I saw that it was too bright. Now I am wondering if I am screwed? I think if I have white furniture it will go well with the color as shown in the second image. I do really like dark furniture. Any other ideas with respect to furniture.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
salilsurendran

Here is the design I am thinking about.

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 4:38AM
Annie Deighnaugh

I had a room that was a bright blue that worked well for awhile, and then I wanted to change it up, so I faux finished the walls by swirling on a white paint on the upper portion and applied a wallpaper border.

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 8:49AM
yayagal

Hmmmm if you think it's too bright then wouldn't it make you feel better just to repaint it. Unless you planned to buy all white furniture, painting is the cheapest way to go. I too think it's too bright for a bedroom and you'd soon grow tired of it.

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 10:23AM
yayagal

Hmmmm if you think it's too bright then wouldn't it make you feel better just to repaint it. Unless you planned to buy all white furniture, painting is the cheapest way to go. I too think it's too bright for a bedroom and you'd soon grow tired of it.

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 10:24AM
suzanne_sl

I'm a huge fan of blue, but I'd have a hard time living with that blue in my bedroom. I'd have a harder time buying all new furniture to match a wall color! Repainting is a pain, but not so difficult. It took me 3 tries to get our living room right.

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 10:54AM
salilsurendran

I am much happier with the color now. I think the painter has done a great job. The camera didn't capture the light from the windows very well.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 6:23PM
salilsurendran

Another image from the other side. The cupboard is being painted white. I think I should go with white furniture.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 6:25PM
peaches12345

Just wondering why you used semi-gloss on bedroom walls? It's shiny and usually used for trim, not walls. Not criticizing, just wondering why.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 10:23AM
salilsurendran

@patty0315. I probably made a mistake there, I didn't quite like the eggshell version that was on my wall and wanted something shinier like the one in my den(attached photo).

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 5:35PM
More Discussions
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
Benjamin Moore Sample Availability
Hi all! It's been a while since I've frequented the...
jeanninepc99
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™