Interior/Exterior paint quotes

daniyalOctober 12, 2010

I have just recently moved to Springfield, MO and I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the price for an interior paint quote would be(also exterior). I will be working mostly in SW Missouri and NW Arkansas.

I have been told by a few home builders that they will supply the paint and pay $1.00 to $1.25 SF for an interior paint job. This doesn't seem to be very much considering I might have to hire at least 1 person and then pay for insurance/workers comp....

I have been working as a paint contractor for the last 10 years and have never worked for pay this low. Before moving to MO most of my jobs had been around $3.00 SF

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

I have been told by a few home builders that they will supply the paint and pay $1.00 to $1.25 SF for an interior paint job. This doesn't seem to be very much considering I might have to hire at least 1 person and then pay for insurance/workers comp....
I have been working as a paint contractor for the last 10 years and have never worked for pay this low. Before moving to MO most of my jobs had been around $3.00 SF
I guess rates are just different among painters and in different parts of the country.

I for one, would just do it myself. I sure wouldn't pay anything near $3 a square foot, though others might

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 11:50AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paintguy22

This is really an impossible question to answer online, regardless of where you live in the country. In order to come up with a square foot price for any single builder, you have to look at what that particular builder requires in terms of painting...is there trim, staircases, exterior, high ceilings, etc, etc, etc...way to many factors to even venture a guess as to whether or not $1 per square foot is fair or not.

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 11:55PM
More Discussions
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
Living room and game room paint colors!! Help please!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Benjamin Moore Sample Availability
Hi all! It's been a while since I've frequented the...
jeanninepc99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™