SW Westhighland White / BM White Dove

sewwhatsnewSeptember 4, 2012

I recently had Sherwin Williams computer match BM White Dove in Promar 200,400 and ProClassic paint, all had too much yellow in them. When matching BM White Dove at Sherwin it requires a Luminous Base which is not available in all types of paint like the Extra White base is, so that is one reason my color is off. (Luminous should match!!)

Today I switched to SW Westhighland White,using the Extra White base and it's less yellow, and almost an exact match to my BM White Dove paper sample. Love it!!

I painted basement ceiling tiles with SW Westhighland and they look great. I also switched from flat to eggshell finish on the tiles and I'm glad I did.

I think SW Westhighland White might also require the Luminous White base, but I was very satisfied using the Extra White base because it matched close to BM White Dove.

I hope this helps someone else with their color choices. I work for Sherwin and mix paint everyday, so I can be PICKY!! Also do not expect the sample quarts of whites to match the gallon formula, most will not!!

More Discussions
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
Valspar Paints formula change-not good
I'm a prior user/recommender of Valspar paints (e.g....
tbriggs
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™