Color of Paint for Soffits Same as for Windows?

kabookieSeptember 24, 2011

We are painting our 1980's split level "Spanish Moss" which is a Martha Stewart color. We are having it matched at Sherwin Williams for exterior use(which is a whole other story!) On the back of the color card is shown the color "Glass of Milk" as a go-along for "Spanish Moss". Do you think that would be a good color choise for around the windows? Is this the color I would then use for the soffits?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

A paint shade can look a lot different outside as compared to inside. Get a sample of the paint and try a 2 foot square section before committing to buying a gallon. You might find that it looks pale outside.

Glass of Milk looks like a soft cream color, which should go well with the mossy green. But again, get a sample and try it first.

I would paint all the trim in the cream color.

Bookmark   September 25, 2011 at 8:51AM
devorah

I did my soffits a different color. They can barely be seen except in my office where I wanted a color (yellow) that would frame my garden.

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 7:46PM
kabookie

I am painting my house right now. It would really help if I could show you my split level as it is a type that I can't seem to find on the internet. For the life of me, I can't find how to post a picture here. Is there any easy way? I have one on my computer, but how do I get it here?

Bookmark   October 9, 2011 at 12:01AM
treasuretheday

Kabookie, if you upload your picture(s) to Photobucket.com , a free photo sharing site, you can then copy the html code and paste it directly into the body of your post. When you click on "preview message", you should then see your picture.

Bookmark   October 12, 2011 at 6:09PM
More Discussions
Paint not cured-it's been over a month!
I recently painted an unfinished wooden bench. I did...
Phobie Privett
paint color help, Please!
Eastern Washington State, 1964 single story, 1500 sq....
H
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
What color wall paint to go with Blooming Prairie Quilt?
Here is photo of daybed with the set I just purchased....
hyperchickmom
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™