Help needed - question about Emerald Paint

Scarlett001September 30, 2012

Okay, my paint saga continues.

Took a sample can of Sherwin Williams Ivoire into the Benj Moore store that my contractor works with for a colour match, and they BLUNDERED the colour match. Not even close - I painted the new paint onto a board with Ivoire already painted onto it, and it was a bad match. Took the board into a different Benj Moore store and they said it was "not the same colour" which confirmed my own opinion. I could get this other store to attempt another match as they said that without a doubt they could do way better than that awful attempt. But I am tired of this. Thinking of just turning to the SW Emerald Paint to make sure I get the exact colour I chose!!

The thing is this. I wanted to use Aura Matte because of its great reviews. But there is less info out there on SW Emerald Paint as it is newer. How have people who have used it found Emerald Paint? I hear it is a bit thicker to work with, but my contractors should be able to deal with that. My bigger worry is that my no-voc Natura paint (Benj Moore) that I've used in the past was terrible - dried with a tackiness and I am not impressed. My fear is that no-voc Emerald will so the same and dry up sort of tacky/sticky. Has anyone found this to be an issue? If not, then I will likely go with Emerald Paint.

I may buy a sample can of SW Emerald in Ivoire and see how it dries up in advance of the contractors coming to do the paint job. But I'd love any comments - esp. positive ones (!!) of how SW Emerald dries up. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting

Get the Emerald, it is fine paint, you will not be un happy

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 5:11AM
Scarlett001

Thank you!! In fact, I agree based on my test today. I tested the Emerald side-by-side with the Natura to test "stickiness". Sure enough, the Natura dried sticky - and the Emerald was just fine (phew!!). So Emerald it is. So if anyone is looking for the best no-VOC paint, I'd recommend Emerald way over Natura. Just thought that I would post this in case anyone is making this decision.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 12:43AM
JoanLast

I appreciate your input Scarlett. This is a PITA. I'm looking at a few colors in Emerald and two colors in Aura. I have to commit... so many varying opinions and experiences:-(

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 8:02AM
More Discussions
Sherwin Williams vs. Ben. Moore vs. Behr
Hello. I currently have Behr and SW paint in our home....
Bridget Helm
BM graytint
used it? Love/like/hate it? Feng Shui says extra...
randekasp
Help me pick Exterior Paint for my 1885 beauty
Hi, I would really love to get some advice about what...
queenie919
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Need help picking up the right paint color for my brand new house
Hi, We must bought a brand new house and request to...
san28
Sponsored Products
Excel 26-inch Five-drawer Roller Cabinet
Overstock.com
Eagle One Recycled Plastic Luxury Dog House - A200LBLK
$689.99 | Hayneedle
Snowflake Dim Wallpaper R1446, sample
Walls Republic
British Colonial Outdoor Lounge Chair with Cushions, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
White Painted Solid Wood Single Bunk Bed
Overstock.com