white on white exterior color scheme and roof color

sffamilySeptember 2, 2012

Hi There,

I am in a pickle and could use some expert help. My house had a shake roof, had a long flat roof entry, and was painted rather dark colors. We are doing a remodel in which we removed the flat roof and roof structure, brought the front door out, and are trying to make the house look more appealing and welcoming. I want to go with a white on white color scheme for the exterior of the house, with a color pop on the front door. The roof has been partially installed and they installed the wrong color. I wanted a monochromatic dark grayish color roof, but what is on there is Landmark TL Country Gray which is a patchwork of colors. What color roof would go best with a white on white color scheme? Is Landmark TL Moire Black too stark? They don't offer any other colors so they I would have to spend more money and go to Presidential Shadow Gray. My windows are Kolbe and Kolbe Abolone white. Can you recommend roof color for white on white? Also if you have suggestions for colors for white on white that would be helpful. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Could you post another photo from farther back? This photo makes it look like the entire front of your house is garage.

From the photo, I don't see anything wrong with the current color of the roof, so it is difficult to suggest another color.

When you write, "suggestions for colors for white on white that would be helpful," what elements of the house are you referring to?

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 8:49PM
More Discussions
Benjamin Moore Sample Availability
Hi all! It's been a while since I've frequented the...
jeanninepc99
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
OIL BASED PAINT
Read on another thread about oil based paints being...
kashka_kat
Drywall in Garage
Our garage is unpainted and we'd like to spruce it...
bahacca
paint color help, Please!
Eastern Washington State, 1964 single story, 1500 sq....
H
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™