urgent.. What color exterior with grey roof?

ksb1September 24, 2007

We are getting our house painted this week! yikes. I thought I had decided on a color, which is a lightish creamy beige (I know, boring but it looks really pretty on stucco and I have lots of color inside so... lol). But now I'm getting cold feet. I was wondering what colors go well with a dark grey roof? What trim colors? The house is a two story contemporary stucco.

Everyone around here goes with neutrals so I didn't want anything crazy. One neighbor has a light grey house. The other is a very light greenish tan (?) with green trim. I would appreciate any ideas :) Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

A dark grey roof is a dream to work with IMO. Rarely is the roof a complete flat gray. There are often speckles of other colors that you don't really notice until you get some color on the house.

Grey roofs can be pulled so many color directions so easily. If you've tested your color out side on the house, evaluated how it ties into the roof and you don't see or feel anything glaring or out of harmony, I bet you'll be okay with your creamy color selection.

Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 5:21PM
PRO
Brushworks Spectacular Finishes

What is the roof pitch? How much of the roof is visible from the street? A low slope roof doesn't show off much color.

When looking at roofing, be sure you look at it in place and not directly in front of you, on the ground. The visual effects of an installed roof is greatly different than holding a shingle in your hand.

With grey, I'd choose Herringbone or Ivory.

Michael

Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 8:45PM
ksb1

Thanks for your replies! I didn't realize grey was a "neutral" :) I went with KM Spanish sand with frost trim and a bravado color door. I agree that ivory would have looked good, but many of my neighbors already used it :)

Bookmark   September 27, 2007 at 5:27PM
bluesalsa

I have a grey slate roof. The stucco is a very warm white - ivory but with a tiny bit of burnt sienna and grey.
Rain gutters are raw copper - they are aging to a dull reddish brown, not the green patina.
The pre-cast is a cement grey.
We have many positive comments on the way it all looks.

Bookmark   September 29, 2007 at 2:05PM
Aleidas17_gmail_com

I need paint my house and the color on the roof is grey.what color you suggest for Mach my house

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 6:18PM
More Discussions
Island paint color with blue pearl counter?
Hello - I am in the process of updating our kitchen....
hingrando
Latex Paint Care Fee
I live in Minnesota - the Land of 10,000 Taxes. Our...
geoffrey_b
Looking for creamy light gold paint. Anyone?
Want to paint using a really light creamy color with...
jtaime2
What is the best interior latex paint?
I have used Ben Moore for the past 40 years as a superior...
pjj1955
Kitchen Cabinets
The previous owner put polyurethane on oak cabinets....
luckeylaredo
Sponsored Products
Hinkley Lighting Lightbulbs 50-Watt Halogen MR16 Flood Light Bulb 0016W50
$5.95 | Home Depot
Illumine Posts 1-Light Outdoor Burnished Pole/Post Lantern with Honey Glass
$76.00 | Home Depot
Illumine Wall Mounted 1-Light Outdoor White Deep Bowl Pendant CLI-73
Home Depot
Garden Flower Burst Flag
$8.99 | zulily
Lancaster Black Outdoor 2-Light Wall Lantern
Overstock.com
Kaddur Kids Chair in White
$600.00 | LexMod
Cordelia Lighting Wall Mounted Yorkshire Polished Brass Lantern 4-Light Outdoor
Home Depot
Outdoor Lanterns. Corniche 1-Light Wall Lantern Arm Down with Seeded Glass finis
$96.33 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™