Show segment about a BARF dog food

HandyMacSeptember 21, 2009

Dirty Jobs, with Mike Rowe on Nat. Geo.

Company in California makes BARF food----from cows stomachs. The best stomachs---according to the company owner--- still have grass/beginning feces in them. The company grinds up the stomachs and packages the results.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HandyMac

Bump to get it off the top.

Bookmark   October 6, 2009 at 3:26AM
pjb999

That's not typical BARF food although I bet dogs LOVE it.

What we buy is pretty much whole-animal ground up - meat, organs, bones. Duck, chicken etc.

Dog's droppings are not sloppy and not even stinky - when her buddy who's a kibble-fed dog comes over, who's tiny next to her, she poops MORE than the big dog, and droppings are FOUL.

Bookmark   November 1, 2009 at 3:28AM
naturegurl

My dog has been on the BARF diet for exactly one week and he is pooping much less, although it is still quite smelly as it consists of 98% carnivorous material. Herbivores' feces are much less offensive in my opinion.

I've been feeding him my own combination of raw meats, bones, organs etc. I had previously fed him a raw diet that was manufactured by another company - I think it was called California naturals - and it is definitely cheaper to do it myself.

Bookmark   December 25, 2009 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
Raw Meat Diet for Cats
I have been converted. Do any of you cat lovers out...
maureen1953
Formula to get Cat urine out permanently
I'm passing this on. __________________________________________________________ There...
todancewithwolves
Polarization
It seems to me as if sometimes, people polarize themselves...
lucille
My neighbors don't like me or my dogs?
Hi, I'm new here, but I really need some advice on...
FryFry
Vet prices in perspective
So many people whine and complain about the cost of...
LizRVT
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™