Looking for something to go with SW Rainwashed

jamimacSeptember 29, 2011

I used Sherwin Williams Rainwashed in our master bathroom and LOVE the color. It's exactly what I was wanting. My plan was to go with a gray color in the bedroom and accent with aquas and yellows. The first color I chose (Ozark Shadows) came out lavendery and I think clashes with the Rainwashed. The next sample was too muddy. I'm thinking about going with Comfort Gray, but don't know if that will clash with Rainwashed. I think Quietude might be more green than I was wanting. If I can't find a gray I'm leaning towards using Rainwashed. Would that look funny used in two adjoining rooms? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kacy27

i have a rainwashed bedroom, and painted the tray ceiling rainwashed too. if your bathroom adjoins the bedroom, i think it would look great in rainwashed as well. I think they call it en suite? Very classy. A flat finish on the bedroom looks really soft and comfortable. I have never slept better than with this color/finish combo. and maybe go with gray and yellow accents then? My other colors are light caramel, super dark olive that reads brown, a little leafy green, and just a hint of purple (from a large hydrangea photo)

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 1:48AM
jamimac

Thanks so much! That is exactly what I was looking for! I used satin in the bathroom and I wasn't sure what to use in the bedroom.

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 10:35AM
InteriorStylist

For a gray, use Grayish or Repose Gray. Or I would go down 2 from Rainwashed & do Halcyon Green. It's absolutely gorgeous. And I second the flat finish.

~Jeana

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 8:42PM
keuka

I tried comfort gray at lake house and it was way to green and dark. pretty though.

Bookmark   October 2, 2011 at 2:22PM
keuka

Painted bedroom very nice.

Bookmark   October 2, 2011 at 2:27PM
beb0622

jamimac - do you have a picture of your master bath? We are thinking about using SW rainwashed in our dining room, but I haven't seen it in person yet!

Bookmark   October 3, 2011 at 6:16PM
More Discussions
Advice on what to expect with exterior house painting job
I plan on getting estimates from 3 painters to paint...
spunkybelle
What color wall paint to go with Blooming Prairie Quilt?
Here is photo of daybed with the set I just purchased....
hyperchickmom
why does the cut in on walls look darker than the rolled walls?
Im a designer and the painter I use tells me this happens...
Michael Taylor Interiors
Thought I was spending good money...NOT!
When remodeling one section of our house, I re painted...
bossyvossy
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™