The scourge of SOHDD

carmen_grower_2007June 9, 2008

I realize I have a dry sense of humor but most intelligent people can detect satire, can't they? When I am looking for a recipe for chicken treats for my dog and I say, "I'm only using chickens because I don't have any dead cats currently" do you get angry or do you realize I am just having fun?

"Sense of Humor Deficit Disorder" seems to be rampant on the "Pet Forum". The whole PC mentality has created a whole generation of people who are just plain dull and boring.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jamas

Allowing your animals to be eaten by coyotes as part of the circle of life isn't particularly funny. I did think the sarcastic bit - maybe garlic will ward off the coyotes and keep them away from your animals - was funny though

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 2:41PM
petra_gw

Wow, sometimes I really miss Spike!!

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 4:59PM
gabro14

Is that diagnosis in the DSM-IV?

If you are on a pet forum, don't expect much laughter when you make stupid jokes about feeding your cats to the coyotes. Just because we don't laugh at your backwards sarcasm doesn't make us dull and boring....maybe your sense of humor is dull and boring.

If you have a problem with PC mentality, try your sarcastic humour on your "real" friends. Meanwhile, while on this forum, I think I'll be focusing on pet health, stories about our beloved pets, and debates that are actually about PETS.

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 8:07PM
joepyeweed

Sometimes Its really hard to detect satire in black and white.

And sometimes what some people consider funny, other people consider just bad taste.

When typing on the forums it helps to use the winking smilie...

Bookmark   June 17, 2008 at 6:00PM
buyorsell888

Joepyeweed it right. It can be very hard to know if someone is joking or not online especially if you are new to the forum or haven't read many posts by the poster to "know" them.

Bookmark   July 8, 2008 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
A neeed for caution..
Approximately 60 percent of all human pathogens could...
Konrad___far_north
Advice needed regarding choosing a dog breed
We presently have a Beagle, who is very good with people...
ivamae
Should I get another dog...
Hi. I have a 13 month old dog named Jenny. Two weeks...
beamerhog18
Why are dog owners such idiots?
I just can't get over how many people now own dogs....
spammypam
what if you were dating someone allergic to cats?
HI there. I have been dating a guy who is allergic...
vacuumfreak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™