Ideas for appliance garage

bobhoodFebruary 14, 2014

Planning a complete gut/remodel of kitchen in our newly-purchased house. One wall will house the Frigidaire all-freezer..all-refrigerator combo, surrounded by 24: deep cabinets. From the floor, I have planned a 36" 2 drawer base, then a 17 1/2" one door garage with a "high lift door" then a 42" one door cab. (All are 19" width.) I want to keep all cabinets 24" deep for a total built-in look for the frig. I will have an island next to this wall, so I have a place to put small appliances.
Any thought on this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobhood

Here is the overall plan for this new kitchen.
Sink wall on the lower left will be 42" high (countertop extending into great room); moving counterclockwise - then stove wall, refrigerator wall, then wine wall with sto0rage, then (across 8') another storage wall with full height pantry and built-in bookcases for my cookbooks. Space on top of drawing will be a dining area.

Your collective thoughts and opinions very welcome.

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 7:21PM
CEFreeman

I keep hearing from cabinet people that appliance garages are nothing but trouble.

I can't speak from experience and plan two tambour doors in my MBR cabinets to hide receivers, etc. So far, putting them in after the fact has been a very unsuccessful nightmare.

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 7:53PM
ineffablespace

You won't be able to have the high lift open and open the cabinet above it. It may make sense to have the garage have regular hinged doors or pocket doors rather than something that blocks another cabinet.

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 7:56PM
More Discussions
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
annaw_123
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
hardware length vs. drawer width..
All, We've figured out which pulls we want for our...
yoda888
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™