Cruelty to Pomeranian

lucky_12February 19, 2008

A company that deals in yellow pages is airing a TV commercial here in southern California. The clip shows a young man holding a Pomeranian on its back sweeping the floor up with the dogÂs fur. I think that is cruel to the dog not at all funny and think it sets a bad example for young people. Am I just being too sensitive?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HandyMac

Yeah, the dog is righted and trotted off---no big deal to it. My eldest son and a neighbor girl the same age---3---used to carry our male(not neutered) Siamese cat upside down---each child holding two legs---around the yard. Moses never made a peep. But, anyone else even look like they were going to try anything like that got a pair of claws and more.

Many animals will take treatment we consider mistreatment from some humans---but not others.

Bookmark   February 20, 2008 at 10:32PM
groomingal

One of our shih tzu's likes to lay on her back by our feet so we can slide her back and forth between our feet on the hardwood floor. She finds it relaxing and seems to really enjoy it.

Bookmark   February 20, 2008 at 11:17PM
fancifowl

The dog is probably enjoying the whole thing! Ive dont similar to my JRT and she loves it.

Bookmark   February 23, 2008 at 7:46PM
SheeshareeII

Whether some animals are alright with it or not i don't think to show it on tv sets a good example at all. kids are kids and they learn from adults.

Bookmark   April 24, 2008 at 3:20PM
curlysue

I own a Pom and I am fine with the commercial. Mine would love something like that.

Bookmark   August 6, 2008 at 3:01PM
HandyMac

When our eldest son was three, we had a tom Siamese cat who was regularly carried by our son and his playmate---upside down by the cats feet. Cat never protested.

That particular commercial is more silly than anything else. My grandchildren discuss commercials and I have never heard them talk about that one.

Bookmark   August 8, 2008 at 8:01AM
More Discussions
tricky rat cannot trap help!!
So to say i have a SMART RAT in my midst is the understatment...
Bamamamma88
Advice needed regarding choosing a dog breed
We presently have a Beagle, who is very good with people...
ivamae
Vet prices in perspective
So many people whine and complain about the cost of...
LizRVT
Sick baby boer goats
I have this kid goat, and he's about two weeks old....
goats_galore_950112
Advice on stopping hawk from killing chickens
I live on a beautiful homestead and had have free-ranging...
romycat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™