Opinions on new exterior paint job

jimmyw88September 30, 2013

Hi all
we just finished painting our victorian in San Francisco, attempting to put a modern spin on a classic house (the back of the house has been added on and is completely modern in feel). would be great to get a fresh pair of eyes with an honest opinion! what do you think? Should we keep the paint color as is or make any changes, particularly to the trim color?

Thanks!

This post was edited by jimmyw88 on Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 0:06

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Are you saying that you have not yet painted the trim? Certainly gray and white look fine together. One of my favorite color combinations is gray and cream - if you are looking for suggestions.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 10:42AM
Brian777

Ask a Professional Decorator, if not several. Tell them you'll pay their fee if you use their ideas. Ultimately, it's a matter of personal preference and budget. Good luck finding a match for that dark grey paint! Nevertheless, the house looks real good from the picture as is.

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 9:58AM
cannes

I love the paint color!! It's modern but nor obnoxiously so. I think it's perfect for the house. If you are seeking a change, you can always paint the front door a brighter color.

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 12:36PM
old_house_j_i_m

I find high contrast of this sort very old fashioned. lessening the contract between the trim and body color would lend it a more modern feel. But remember -- its an OLD house ⦠it will NEVER be modern. Why not be true to the house's historic exterior and let the interior breath a modern air ?

Bookmark   November 4, 2013 at 10:06AM
CallMeJane

I think it looks nice as is. If you want to make it less traditional looking, maybe painting the trim a deep brick red. Would go great with grey and take it out of the 'white trim' era.

Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
colors to use with carrington beige for hall and bedrooms
I live in a 900 sq frt condo. Natural light streams...
munin123
Paint color choice is holding up the job, would appreciate your help
I know a lot of people ask for paint help, here's one...
peggie123
What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic
I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter...
CT_Newbie
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™