Can you help me pick a paint color?

atc821August 28, 2011

Hello!

After months of sampling paint colors, we thought that we finally found the right paints. The first two (for the dining room and entryway) worked out perfectly, but the third (for the living room) is just not the right color. So far we've only painted one wall and want to cut our losses and find a new color now.

The dining room is Behr Waterscape and the entryway is Behr Gallery Taupe. The color we selected for the living room was Behr White Sapphire, a light blue, but it looks too cold and powdery at the same time. We also have beautiful moulding on the walls in the living room that is currently painted a creamy white. We are not planning to paint the moulding.

Our furniture is transitional/modern in a more traditional home. Our couch is a greyish taupe, we have a chocolate brown shag rug, glass coffee table and dark wood shelving around the room.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. We are open to all color schemes, not just a light blue. We cannot figure out what to do!

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Welcome to GardenWeb, atc821! If you don't get many responses here, I would try reposting your questions, along with photos of the rooms, in the Home Decorating forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorating forum

Bookmark   August 29, 2011 at 9:06AM
atc821

Thanks for the advice. I will take some pictures and post them in the other forum this weekend. Your advice is much appreciated!

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 9:07PM
atc821

Thanks very much- I reposted with a link to pictures in the Home Decorating forum.

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 5:42PM
More Discussions
Choosing Paint Color with Lighting Issues
I'm anxious to start painting my kitchen cabinet doors...
funkycamper
paint color help, Please!
Eastern Washington State, 1964 single story, 1500 sq....
H
BM Satin Impervo Waterborne discontinued. Replacement?
I went to purchase this today and discovered it had...
jellytoast
Paint colors
Our 1905 colonial home has original cherry and oak...
CocoaBean1
Paint not cured-it's been over a month!
I recently painted an unfinished wooden bench. I did...
Phobie Privett
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™