How can I hang curtains in this bay window?

traciebFebruary 10, 2008

Can you guys help me decide how to hang long panels in this bay window? I bought 4 beautiful curtains from someone & want to get these hung as soon as possible. Should I use all 4 panels? I have one tacked up right now and think it makes the area look realy important but I just don't know how to hang them and if I should use all 4 panels. Thanks for your help! If anyone has any pics of long panels in a bay window that would help to!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chicoryflower

What a lovely breakfast area!

I'd be tempted to put black rods a couple inches down from the crown molding and put two panels on the outside and two on either side of the center window.

Maybe even get fabric shades and valances... What color are the curtains?

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 12:33AM
aktillery9

This is what we did. My husband just bent the rod. Hope this helps. WE have a very similar setup as yours.

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 7:42AM
gk5040

You can buy an adjustable wood or metal corner rod. The corner piece is two pieces with a swival joint...if that makes sense so it conforms to any bend...its not a fixed angle. This piece is then attached to the straight rod. I know Antique Drapery Rod sells them. Their stuff is sold at Calico Corners. They also have a website.

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 8:53AM
kmcg85

JC penney has the corner bracket for bay windows.

Here is a link that might be useful: corner bracket

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 9:22AM
dgo1223

aktillery: What kind of rods are you using that you were able to bend like that? That looks like something I might want. I have the SAME window set-up and trying to work out what to do with it for 7 months now.

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 11:02AM
tracieb

Chicory, here is a pic of the curtains as I have one tacked up there now. I am probably going to add trim to the top or along the sides of the cutains to add a little umph! to them. These curtains are really well made and the fabric came from Calico Corners. The girl I am buying them from says that she paid $800 for all 4 and she is wanting $150 for them. I think it's such a bargain and I really want them to work! LOL I've also included pics of the rest of my kitchen........

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 12:52PM
aktillery9

They were just the really thin and cheap kind of metal rods... probably from target. They were not that hard to bend and putting them up to the ceiling makes them nearly invisible.

Hope that helps

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
Do you have a blog?
Not sure what the houzz rules are (snicker at myself...
the_foxes_pad
Would love your input on refreshing this exterior!
Hi all, I have some ideas, but I'm not in love with...
Kristin Jennings
F&B to BM color closest matches
If F&B is not near you but BM is....
the_foxes_pad
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
edie_thiel
House of Cards - Table Lamps
Not wanting to hijack Ann's thread (Perception), I'm...
maddielee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™