Paint help...please

momof4frommaAugust 20, 2011

Hi, please help me pick a color for my family room. I am using Benjamin Moore paint. My kitchen is open to the family room. There is not a wall separating the rooms, but the eating area of the kitchen jets out so there is an angled wall that separates the spaces. I just painted the kitchen rustic taupe. The cabinets are a medium maple (looks like a lighter cherry). And the counter is black granite. The backsplash ties all these colors together (I think). The familyroom has several large windows that get a tremendous amount of afternoon sun (and gorgeous sunsets... One of my fav things in the house). Do you think I need to continue the rustic taupe into the family room b/c they aren't truly separate rooms( might be too dark b/c there is one large interior wall and room is somewhat long)? Can I go with a shade of blue in there (which is what I'd like to do if it wworks)? Or, should I use one shade lighter than rustic taupe in the fan deck? If you think the blue could work... What color blue??? Specific benjamin Moore suggestions would be great!! Also, any ideas on the color drapes... white, cream, brown, tan????

I'm excited to hear any advice! Thanks, Sarah

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Hi Sarah, take some photos of the spaces and post them and your questions on the Home Decorating forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorating forum

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 7:53PM
More Discussions
Mixing Paints & Colors
I know I shouldnt do it but I always do - mix paint...
kashka_kat
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
Painted Ceilings
What is the general consensus, or majority opinion,...
okla78
colors to use with carrington beige for hall and bedrooms
I live in a 900 sq frt condo. Natural light streams...
munin123
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™