What color would look nice with sage green?

laurienceAugust 23, 2008

Hello,

My real name is Joanne and it is my first time posting. I have an open concept home. I am thinking of painting the first floor the same color.

This includes entrance, dining room, great room and kitchen. I have oak colored cabinets in the kitchen(dark brown) with stainless steel appliances. My cabinets are a beige color.

My great room has lots of beiges and browns too. My hardwood is a deep brown, grey and green color. I was thinking of painting a sage green color. Do you think this will look nice?

Also I want to do the fireplace wall a different color or different shade. What do you think. Any advice on color would be appreciated.

I have not bought by dining room furniture yet. Thank you

Joanne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blackcats13

I'm not good with wood and brown colors, but one of my favorite color combinations is sage green and a dusky purple

Bookmark   August 23, 2008 at 10:59PM
Boopadaboo

Joanne - any chance you have pictures? It sounds like sage green would be lovely. What kind of fireplace is it? Does it have stone or brick or anything else on it?

I would also post this question in the home decorating forum, especially with a picture - you will probably get a lot more responses there.

Bookmark   August 24, 2008 at 10:12AM
randita

Here are some color combinations I like:

Sage Greens: SW Grassland, Svelte Sage, Softened Green, Clary Sage (get samples at the SW store)

Pair with a neutral/gold like: SW Ivoire, Blonde, Restrained Gold, Latte, Bagel (or lighter shades on the Latte and Bagel strips). Latte and Bagel are beiges with caramel undertones and look good with dark oak and cherry, IMO - as does sage green.

Accent with a brick red like SW Flower Pot.

I also like the sage green and dusky purple and have bedding in my guest room with those colors in it.

Bookmark   August 24, 2008 at 3:15PM
laurience

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/laurience/?action=view&current=Quentin_3ans_France_Vacances2008049.jpg

Bookmark   August 24, 2008 at 9:19PM
laurience
    Bookmark   August 24, 2008 at 10:02PM
laurience

thank you all for your wise advise. I have posted pics of my 1st floor on the decorating site.
Joanne

Bookmark   August 25, 2008 at 8:11PM
More Discussions
Any opinions on behr premium plus ultra paint?
I am considering using behr premium plus ultra paint...
texasjg
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
Paint not cured-it's been over a month!
I recently painted an unfinished wooden bench. I did...
Phobie Privett
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™