Help With Choosing Shutter/Door Colors for Cream/Yellow Siding

gretchblairAugust 11, 2011

We have vinyl siding on our home and cannot afford to replace it at this time. It is a very light yellow color, almost almond cream. (not too yellow) When we bought the house, it had mint green shutters and the same mint green pilasters and corbel above the front doors. We are looking to make a big impact by simply changing the shutters and front door color. But we are having a REALLY hard time picking colors. I would like to use the Pratt and Lambert Williamsburg collection for colors, but I'm open to anything at this point. Part of the problem is that our roof is kind of a weird brownish/mustard color. I wish it was black, but no such luck. We are going to add crossheads/pediments above the windows and I think with the right color selection, we can achieve the wow factor. Please help! How can I add a photo to this posting? I'd love to put a picture of the house.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Home Renovation Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gretchblair

So I wish I could remove the link to my entire reno blog and just put the link to this photo instead, but I can't figure out how to edit or even just delete and start over my new post. Apologies for being an idiot... here is a decent picture of my house, before we pressure washed and removed the mint shutters!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   August 11, 2011 at 9:27PM
graywings123

Go to the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us and send an e-mail to Gardenweb and ask them to remove the link.

Bookmark   August 12, 2011 at 8:57PM
graywings123

My suggestion is a shade of blue. I went to the P&L site to see if they showed the color palette. I didn't find the palette, but I found the shade of blue I am suggesting - the big block of blue at the top of the Williamsburg display:

I would also change the white accents on the house to cream.

Here is a link that might be useful: Display

Bookmark   August 12, 2011 at 9:04PM
More Discussions
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
Thought I was spending good money...NOT!
When remodeling one section of our house, I re painted...
bossyvossy
Exterior Paint Advice - Flat or Satin
I am in need of some advice. We are about to have our...
sweetbabyjames5
Paint color choice is holding up the job, would appreciate your help
I know a lot of people ask for paint help, here's one...
peggie123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™