SW Resiliance vs. BM Regal for Exterior masonry home?

staceyneilAugust 8, 2011

The house has been primed with SW Loxon primer prior to "any regular exterior house paint" per the SW rep. Sherwin Williams is recommending their Resiliance (Over Duration because he thinks breathability is better for the masonry with REsiliance...)

I'm a lifelong Ben Moore user, though, and used to their colors, etc. I love Aura for interior but wonder if it's wrong for this exterior for the same reasons SW didn't recommend Duration (thick mil coat, less breathable). I'll also have some teenage "helpers" and they won't be so adept at working really fast as is required with Aura...

Am I on the right track here?

Which would you choose? FWIW the SW store is offering a better volume price for Resiliance than I'm likely to get for Regal. But I'm totally willing to pay for a top quality paint, so longevity and ease of application are more important than cost here...

Thanks for your insights!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting

Regal is not exterior, Aura would be fine but as you said, with inexperienced help, I would stick with the Resilience

Bookmark   August 9, 2011 at 4:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
staceyneil

REGAL SELECT

Thanks, christophern... but actually Ben Moore has a new exterior paint called Regal Select that I was referring to. It's tinted in the same machine as the Aura, the one that adds resins rather than the one that adds oils and more VOCSs. It's the step up from Moorguard, etc. That's the one I'm considering.

Bookmark   August 9, 2011 at 6:18AM
More Discussions
Advice on what to expect with exterior house painting job
I plan on getting estimates from 3 painters to paint...
spunkybelle
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
why does the cut in on walls look darker than the rolled walls?
Im a designer and the painter I use tells me this happens...
Michael Taylor Interiors
paint color help, Please!
Eastern Washington State, 1964 single story, 1500 sq....
H
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™