Help! Pen Ink on 'Babblin' Boo' doll!!

TaraWaferDecember 5, 2001

DD (2) got some ballpoint pen type ink on the face of her doll. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of (i.e. soap, alcohol, 409, Fantastik, Goof Off, cleanser, hairspray, toothpaste). Nothing is getting rid of it. And now I got her ear (where some of the pen is) a little yellow tinted... I don't know if the toothpaste or the scrub sponge did that.... or maybe I just didn't notice earlier. Can anyone help me get it off? (And maybe remove the yellow tint too???) Please help if you can. (Posted this on Parents too). Thanks!!

-Tara W

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poli

Wow, I would have thought the alcohol would have gotten it. The only other thing I could think of is nail polish remover. Try it with a Q-tip.

Bookmark   December 6, 2001 at 3:24PM
TaraWafer

Well, I guess I may just be stuck with it. Naol polish remover didn't work, and it also kinda dulled the face a litle (barely noticeable though because I was careful). Oh well. I guess I'll always know it's my DD's. :) Thanks for the idea though!!!

-Tara W

Bookmark   December 7, 2001 at 1:31PM
sunshinegirl

what about bleach diluted with water dabbed on with a q-tip? Try posting on the cleaning forum too!

Bookmark   December 9, 2001 at 11:45AM
lisa_fla

There is a product called Ink Away. It comes in a small bottle. I don't remember where I bought it.

Bookmark   December 9, 2001 at 6:58PM
samsmom25_hotmail_com

i used simple green on a outfit that was washed and a ink pen was in the wash after it washed i saw it put simple green on it and washed it again,all gone:)

Bookmark   December 10, 2001 at 6:05PM
Prncess61_aol_com

I get Ink on my clothes all the time. I register patients at a hospital and I am forever putting a uncapped pen in my pocket. What works for all us in admitting is, hair spray. The cheaper the better it will work. It will run the second it hits the ink so be ready with a paper towel. Then wash it with soap and water. Not sure if it will help with the yellow tint.

Sherry

Bookmark   December 19, 2001 at 4:15AM
nicholed_alink_com

Let us know if anything ends up working! I had a Barbie doll when I was a girl that a "friend" of my defaced with an ink pen, and we never did get it off!

Bookmark   December 19, 2001 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Toddler Pants: Grovia or Antsy?
Has anybody used both Grovia and Antsy toddler pants?...
SMNDP7
Did I hurt nanny's feelings?
My son (21 mos) goes to a lovely nanny who keeps total...
jollyrd
my 2 year old son can spell words
so my sons favorite toy is his collection of magnet...
tylers_dad_josh
My 2 year old wont stay in bed! help!
My husband and I are having major issues getting out...
courtneyp102
Goodnight Moon cloth book
Hello A friend of mine has a cloth book with characters...
scoutcat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™