Need Gift Idea

boneladyDecember 29, 2006

I need to buy a Birthday Gift for a 2 year old girl. I don't have kids, so I don't know what's cool. Any ideas other than clothing?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christy2828

We got a few really good gifts this year for my 15 month old daughter and 19 month old neice. A really cute leopard print pilot case from Lillian Vernon, and the Little Touch LeapPad. It's like an interactive book with drool proof and tear resistant pages. So far it's been really enjoyed! Good luck! Christy

Bookmark   December 29, 2006 at 9:26PM
carla35

I would just go to the store and see what they have for girls in that age range. There are so many things out there, you can spend hours, if not days, trying to find something specific while not even knowing if she wants it or already has it.

Make sure that the toy is age appropriate though...many toys are for age 3 and up due to choking hazards, so make sure the toy you pick is ok for a 2 year old/24 month old (but don't buy a baby toy).

I would also suggest you get and give a gift receipt in case they need to return it.

Bath toys, books, playdough sets are some ideas. And, "Dora the Exployer" stuff is pretty popular now, although she may still be a little young for Dora. "Fisher-Price Sweet Sounds Home" is another idea, or how about a DVD? What is your price range?

Bookmark   December 29, 2006 at 10:46PM
Vickey__MN

Books (some they can "read"...so durrable, some to be read to them..where the wild things are, when you give a mouse a cookie series, those types of books), Little People sets, Chairs that are their size, Game I think it's called Elefant (Butterflies fly out of an elephants nose, I think it's for 2 years and up, but I could be wrong, could be for 3 and up).

Vickey-MN

Bookmark   December 29, 2006 at 10:48PM
homersgarden

I say get books for the parent to read to the child. Nice books that they will have for a long time. Two of these would be a great gift. The kid might not jump for joy, but as a parent I would love this. Most kids don't need any toys. My nearly two year olds favorite toys are coloring books, electric toothbrushes and purses.

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 2:41PM
socks

I usually give books. There is a book I love called Owl Babies (Waddell). You can get it on Amazon. Amazon also has stuffed animals, and you could give the book with a stuffed owl.

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 5:42PM
More Discussions
Best place for 2 yr old B-day party
Ok Parents....gather around and help this tired ole...
rushaheart
Bedtime routine? What's yours
I don't think my bedtime routine for my 3 year old...
myfampg
Toddler Gifted - What to do?
I am not bragging (and my husband has administered...
rob333
playdates - how to relate to a "passive" mother?
I have one 2 yr old son. I am trying to have playdates...
jollyrd
babysitting rates
I have one 17 month old son. Generally, What are the...
Ronda
Sponsored Products
Abetta Wide Flex Brush Popper Trail Saddle - 20555FW5BK
$486.16 | Hayneedle
Kim Seybert Set of Four Shimmer Rock Napkin Rings
$56.00 | FRONTGATE
Garden Journal - Hardcover
| Dot & Bo
Thomas the Tank Engine 18-Oz. Water Bottle
$4.99 | zulily
Majestic Pre-Lit Vertical Swag Christmas Decor
$59.95 | FRONTGATE