Allergies? Sensitive Skin?

beanerDecember 19, 2001

Hi.

My baby has little bumps on her upper body, mainly her back and now her chest & stomach. She is 7 months old so it is not the type of bumps found in a newborn. I'm wondering if she has sensitive skin. They seem to be spreading. They almost appear to look like water blisters in some areas. We use Dreft and today I tried a new soap on her. I used the Aveeno baby wash. Has anyone had a similar experience? I'll probably give the doctor a call tomorrow (they are off on Wed) but just looking for info from any of you moms out there.

Thanks!

Amy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
indymom9901

We had a similiar experience last year...Shortly after these popped up my son became ill with a flu like virus (very congested, fever etc.) From what the dr. said the virus first manifested itself as a skin irritation. Not saying that is what your daughter has. There is one thing about skin irritations. You never really know what causes them!

Bookmark   December 19, 2001 at 11:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Coras_Mom

Our daughter (now 14 months) had the same problem. Both her father and I have/had food allergies and sensitive skin. So we had three different rashes. All looked the same - tiny, red bumps. The first I attributed to her bath products. She was using Mustela. I switched to Aveeno products and also found a brand called "Pure Baby" which makes an eczema therapy bubble bath and a moisture cream. As soon as she gets out of the bath I put on her Aveeno Baby Lotion and the rash went away. At six months she had peas for the first time and broke out in a rash, we stopped peas and went back to rice cereal only and the rash went away. At about seven months she developed a bumpy rash and had cold and flu like symptoms and our ped. also thought that it might be a virus just like imdymom9901 had. It eventually went away, but it took awhile. She hasn't had a problem since. Good Luck

Bookmark   January 6, 2002 at 4:21PM
More Discussions
Safe Mattresses
I am looking for some guidance on where to buy the...
gaslight1986
Toddler Pants: Grovia or Antsy?
Has anybody used both Grovia and Antsy toddler pants?...
SMNDP7
my 3 yr old daughter will not mind
Please help! My 3 year old daughter is going through...
wendolyn55
Did I hurt nanny's feelings?
My son (21 mos) goes to a lovely nanny who keeps total...
jollyrd
Fever & Rash from MMR Vaccine?
DD had her 15 month checkup last week and got her MMR...
Karla_NE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™